ZOLL Medical - Very rewarding product line | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ZOLL Medical

"Very rewarding product line"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the idea that the products we made were used to save lives. Definite perk to the job.
I worked outside Chelmsford, so my experience might be different.
Flex time, decent benefits, good pay.
I liked my manager. Many of the people were very good at their job. Some were so-so.

Cons

Upper management thought they knew a lot more than they actually did. Lower mid-management and the engineers made a decent product despite the misguided upper mid-management (and had to ignore totally unrealistic deadlines, even with occasionally putting in some serious overtime).
Different divisions (Colorado, Mass., IL, etc.) didn't collaborate together very well. Definitely missed the boat on providing package deals to potential customers (devices and computer systems that talk together).
We had a very strong team with great potential that was broken up, and the survivors were given no incentive to stay with the company.

Advice to Management

It's a multi-site company. Put some money and effort in learning how to properly manage multi-site projects.
Weed out bad management - engineers are occasionally laid off, this should be able to happen to everybody.

Other Employee Reviews for ZOLL Medical

"Rewarding position"

Current Contractor - Patient Service Representative
    Current Contractor - Patient Service Representative

I have been working at ZOLL Medical as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a contract employee, the compensation is very generous, The job duties are very satisfying, as we represent an excellent product.

Cons

Skills are never reviewed because we are contract employees. No feedback given positive or negative.Territory managers are responsible for selling, and although they value their PSRs, there is little or no communication. Must be very flexible in order to accept assignments.

Advice to Management

Develop an evaluation process for PSRs and reward those that do a good job. Utilize the PSRs that are in place, instead of training more that you think might be able to drive business

"market leading products that will truly improve the quality of care and save lives and unstable business model"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at ZOLL Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best in class products, corporate commitment to improving the outcomes of patients with R&D, support of fellow coworkers, training investment

Cons

Your success depends on the support of the regional manager that you work for by how much time they are willing to spend in the initial learning phase. Lack of support from upper management. They have a very knee jerk reaction and don't take the current state of the territory into account. The sales cycle is long and if the territory has been unmanaged or mismanaged then it takes time to build relationships and mend broken ones.

Advice to Management

Take each territory into account with the specific challenges and make sure the regional manager is giving the adequate needed to help new reps succeed. I was given 12 months and I saw my regional manager twice. All the tenured reps say Zoll has changed, the territory managers feel no corporate loyalty. The territory managers feel like a number, so if you could have a candid conversation with each territory manager with no recourse or repercussions I think you would understand what all territory managers feel. The highest producing rep with the largest deals get the most support