ZS Associates - Positive. Demanding job but chances of growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ZS Associates

"Positive. Demanding job but chances of growth."

Current Employee - Associate in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Associate in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent training and professional development
-Great culture, supportive and friendly people
-good (but not great) pay, good work/life balance (if you know how to push back)

Cons

A lot of focus on healthcare (not a Con for me but may be for some)
- Focus on sales and marketing issues - strategic as well as operational (again - good for some but may be restrictive)
- This is consulting - so wake up and face the reality - you are not going home at 5 pm everyday!

Advice to Management

Be more honest during recruiting about what the job actually entails

Other Employee Reviews for ZS Associates

"Great place to start or end a career -- in between, not so much"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Excellent training and professional development
    -Great culture, supportive and friendly people
    -Prestigious, good (but not great) pay, good work/life balance (if you know how to push back)

Cons

-Compensation could be higher -- but the business is run extraordinarily efficiently so I see why it's not (ie: the market doesn't demand that a higher salary be given, so the partners are happy nickle and diming when they can)
    -The firm is growing rapidly, and the culture IS changing -- a lot of experienced hires = a lot of people who don't understand ZS way. Specifically, the LA office has a HUGE deloitte influence and it has fundamentally changed the way the office is run, the culture of the people there, and what the job entails... These are strong negative influences and while they have not changed every aspect of what it is to be a ZSer, they necessarily will if this trend is not reversed

Advice to Management

Avoid at all costs the big firm feel and culture while you can -- ZS is a great place to be and I am very pleased I started my career there, but I felt the tides of change coming when I left and am happy I did. Less Deloitte / Accenture at all costs!

2. "Good spring board to building strong data analysis skills in first 2 years"

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at ZS Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gives your solid quant and data analysis skills compared to other consulting firms

Cons

Formerly had good visa application program for international students, but that policy has since been cancelled.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing data analysts overseas is fine for cost savings, but that displaces a large amount of talented internationals who would otherwise stay and contribute to the firm for a long time.