Zales - All in all not bad | Glassdoor

"All in all not bad"

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Zales provides a solid foundation from which you can build your jewelry career. They don't require much experience and are very helpful in building your knowledge.

Cons

The opportunity for advancement is there if you are willing to work for it. You have the typical high turnover of any retail experience and the benefits are on the lower end of average.

Advice to Management

I would focus more on helping each employee grow. Sometimes the managers are more worried about their commission than their team.

Other Employee Reviews for Zales

1. "Challenging and rewarding, engaging and connecting with my guests, sharing and trusting team, educational and memories made for a lifetime."

Pros

Tangible dreams can be made: performance metrics achieved or above equates to increased monetary compensation, with dedication, skill building and a serious commitment to clienteling, million dollar JC's can be made. Fun, professional, and ethical working conditions. DCA education is acquired, paid by the company, as well as ongoing skill building and training. Support given via Management and Human resources to achieve and stay, balanced. Expression of individuality is welcomed, to afford the best connectivity with our guests.

Cons

It's not a Monday to Friday gig: retail hours, but life isn't only Monday to Friday either.

Advice to Management

Keep helping us succeed, because we want to always move forward.

2. "Awful, unfair treatment insane hours and expectations"

I have been working at Zales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the discount and people you work with

Cons

the pay,the work weeks, the projects the entire job