Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Zeal hires intelligent engineers from diverse backgrounds that are fun to be around

Jan 31, 2019 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to choose and influence design/architecture decisions as a software engineer. - Zeal values its engineers and knows their worth. Management places a lot of trust in our expertise. - Intelligent coworkers, high level of software engineering talent. - Remote work opportunities and revenue sharing depending on project. - Regular company sponsored outings/dinners/events - Opportunity to grow professionally The biggest thing I like about Zeal is the culture. We're all encouraged to have a founder's mentality while maintaining work-life balance. (40 hours/week and remote work options) Not sure how they did it, but management has somehow hired only incredibly smart people who are also just great to be around (if you're from the software field, you know how hard this can be). Every developer here has their own story and background, some have CS degrees, and some have more non-traditional backgrounds. The diversity in background and the ability to recruit great software engineering talent has created a strong culture in the company.

Cons

I would love for us to move more towards working out of a central Zeal headquartered location at some point.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

A fantastic culture of empowerment

Jan 26, 2021 - Software Architect in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zeal attracts and retains top talent by empowering its employees and partners to pursue their own entrepreneurial ambitions while providing them with a network of likeminded individuals.

Cons

I would not recommend Zeal to someone who wants to be a faceless 9-5 individual contributor.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Job I've Ever Had

Jul 7, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about working at Zeal is the people. The employees at Zeal are knowledgable, skilled, friendly, hard working, and very enjoyable to be around. The company fosters a culture of lifting each other up, and everyone is always eager to help each other. Senior employees value and listen to the input of more junior employees, which promotes a culture of growth, respect, and inclusiveness. Zeal has regular social events for employees, and I always look forward to them. Management is also fantastic, and is very invested in the success and wellbeing of employees. Zeal leadership goes above and beyond to make sure that employees have the tools they need to succeed, and take a personal interest in cultivating and recognizing success. Employees at Zeal do not have to wonder if they are doing a good job. They will be told they are doing a good job. Furthermore, Management also trusts employees to excel at their jobs, and provides helpful guidance and direction while still encouraging employee autonomy. Engineers are trusted to know how to do their jobs effectively. The work is also very enjoyable. Consulting creates a fast paced environment where people typically don't work on the same project for too long. This means that there is a constant stream of new assignments and technologies, which keeps work fresh and exciting. The work/life balance is great too. I seldom work more than 40 hours per week, and when I do work more, it is by personal choice. Compensation and benefits for full time employees are also excellent.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Zeal.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Zeal IT Consultants.