KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Exceptional Place to Work

May 21, 2022 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zeal Provides: - Challenging and rewarding work - Ample opportunity to grow/accelerate your skills+career - Awesome people to work with who are kind, smart, and always willing to help - Fully remote working opportunities - Competitive salaries - An extremely generous PTO policy - Regularly held socials / company parties - A CEO who truly cares about his employees

Cons

- 401K matching is on the lower side

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to be!

Jun 20, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to work at your own pace. No micro management Room for growth if you're willing to put yourself out there

Cons

If you want to be an individual contributor. Its hard to grow in the company. If your skillset grows - what you can work on is still determined by the work that comes to the company. SO you either lead a team - or you're kind of stuck. Other than that - its a great place to be.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Job Hand Crafted For Me

Jun 17, 2022 - Director of Software Engineering in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture for those with entrepreneurial spirit. My first-contact recruiter was a successful entrepreneur who started her company while at Zeal, and with their support, which really set the tone. The group I interviewed with was high energy and diverse. A personal call from the CEO which resulted in a better compensation package in exchange for more responsibility sealed the deal. Within my first months I was given the opportunity to help close new business, lead a project and reach out beyond my initial project into others, and given a healthy raise. I genuinely feel like my current position was tailored to both my skillset and how I chose to exercise it. As I demonstrated new skills, I was given the chance to use them, and then rewarded for them immediately. You sort of get what you give here, but literally, and quickly, and without having to beg or do tricks for it. Your experience here will largely be what you make it. There are opportunities here for leadership (which is not just extra work, it comes with a very innovative and lucrative compensation mechanism that scales for effective, technical leaders) unlike anything I've encountered in a >2 decade career in the industry. The company also employs, mentors and develops Jr. Engineers in a real and holistic way, which is something I appreciate it. This results in an enthusiastic team that is properly incentivized by both culture and compensation. I am actively recruiting from my network to come and join me here, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay a workplace.

Cons

Having fairly recently made the switch from a local company to a national, remote one they still operate mostly in their own timezone, which can create scheduling problems for late sleepers and people particular about when they take lunch (which includes me in both cases, but I make do, the advantages far outweigh the annoyance).

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Zeal IT Consultants.

Zeal IT Consultants Photos

+ Add Photo
Zeal IT Consultants photo of: AWS re: Invent - Las Vegas December 2021
Zeal IT Consultants photo of: Diversity.
Zeal IT Consultants photo of: 2021 v2