Zebra Technologies - Zebra Tech. is a progressive company with a positive work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zebra Technologies

"Zebra Tech. is a progressive company with a positive work environment."

Current Employee - Indirect Procurement/Corporate Services in Lincolnshire, IL
Current Employee - Indirect Procurement/Corporate Services in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zebra Technologies is the leader in it's industry, making it an attractive company to work for. The Zebra work culture is positive, innovative and collaborative, resulting in both company and professional success.

Cons

No cons. Working for Zebra has been a positive experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum! We are here to support Zebra's initiatives so that Zebra continues to grow into an even more successful company.

Other Employee Reviews for Zebra Technologies

1. "Enviourment and vision in industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zebra is leading in the area of printers

Cons

Managers don't promote based on what you know but who you know . The prequiste for Manager is to be rude .If you attend the smoking section you win in promotion. The department don't really interact and are known for throwing each other under the bus .

Advice to Management

Grow Management skills

"Historically Solid Wall Street Performer; Market Leader; Technically Challenging Products; Abundant Opportunities"

Current Employee - New Product Development Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - New Product Development Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Zebra Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My tenure at Zebra has been exclusively in New Product Engineering and Development at our Vernon Hills, IL facility.

What I admire most about Zebra is that it remains a company where, despite its medium-large company size, an enterprising associate can make his or her mark and receive the individual recognition they deserve. Even our co-op students and interns have visibility up through the VP level! (Prior to joining Zebra, I worked at two very large defense companies and never even saw our divisional heads.) Innovation at every level is strongly encouraged, and given the acceleration in “The Internet of Things”, Zebra is uniquely well-positioned for continued future growth.

Cons

In past years I might have commented that Zebra’s senior executive team tended to be too conservative. (To use a basketball analogy, they didn’t take many three point shots.) The past couple of years, however, there has been a noticeable change in attitude, led by our CEO Anders Gustafsson. The technology areas in which Zebra now plays are growing exponentially, and our senior staff recognizes that we need to take more calculated risks in response to our customer’s rapidly changing needs.

The Zebra culture is not for everyone. As is mentioned elsewhere by other Glassdoor reviewers, Zebra maintains a “small company feel” – and I wholeheartedly agree with that. However, my take on “small company feel” is that self-starters who take personal pride and responsibility for their individual contributions and are comfortable (and even enjoy) the ambiguity of challenging work – they will thrive in this culture. People who are easily discouraged in the face of obstacles and require specific, literal, directives of their managers - these associates will not be as successful...

Advice to Management

Keep going strong on the innovation push! Continue to encourage and reward risk-taking. Engage more cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s many challenges in the face of a rapidly changing technological landscape.