Cover image for Zendesk

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Definite Change in Company, Remaining Hopeful

Aug 24, 2022 - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Community: In my few years here, I have enjoyed working with my peers and leaders - Awareness: In my experience, leaders and managers have been self aware and can admit when they mess up - Reason to be hopeful: the past few months have been quite tumultuous for the company, but I feel the people here are still supportive of our products and they impact they have for our customers.

Cons

- Lack in process: It feels like both at the company-level and team level, processes are broken and old habits are difficult to change - Distrust in leadership: After acquisition drama, there is a general sense of distrust in our top leadership

4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Feb 5, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product does what it says

Cons

None much to say here

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

growing pains

Feb 5, 2023 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

a lot of smart nice people here generally fun and collaborative culture a lot of growth potential (business & career) good work flexibility

Cons

comp is average. benefits are good, but 401k match could be better a lot of "startup" shortcuts with band-aid solutions that won't scale a lot of missing controls, rigor, best practices. a lot of people were promoted because of tenure/loyalty - not because of ability/skill/experience (very typical for fast growing startups) unnecessarily confusing org structure - makes confusing accountability

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Zendesk.

Zendesk Careers

Cover image for Zendesk

Yes, work-life balance is a buzzword; but it’s actually a priority at Zendesk. Over 6,000 Zendesk employees worldwide have the flexibility...More

• Digital first
  • Social Impact
  • Our Product
  • Candidate zone

Zendesk Photos

+ Add Photo
Zendesk photo of: We come together intentionally. Check out some members of the People and Places team at our Madison office.
Zendesk photo of: Halloween-themed fun was had for employees who wanted to get together at our London and Dublin offices.
Zendesk photo of: Our crafty witch and wizard workshop Frankensteined up some furry freaky fiendish spider garlands, all part of our ongoing support of COSMIC (Children of St. Mary's Intensive Care).
Zendesk photo of: Here's how one Zendesk employee enjoyed a recent Recharge Friday, our company-wide day off.
Zendesk photo of: The LATAM Women at Zendesk committee organized a breakfast to bring local members together for the first time since the pandemic.
Zendesk photo of: A group of Zendesk Mexico volunteers collaborated in cleaning the canals and planting Xochimilco trees, in partnership with Voluntarios México.

Zendesk Job Seekers Also Viewed