Zenefits - 1 year here is worth 5 elsewhere | Glassdoor

"1 year here is worth 5 elsewhere"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The will undoubtedly be a book written about this company. Most of the highs and lows have been well documented on TechCrunch and Buzzfeed, but they do a terrible job depicting what it's actually like to work here. Especially now. Zenefits has been through a lot. But it's history is a big reason for why it's so interesting to be here now. Our "rocketship" beginnings, record-breaking fundraising, the dramatic departure of our founding CEO, the herculean compliance turnaround under the watch of David Sacks, rightsizing and more rightsizing, and now the disciplined and thoughtful execution under our seasoned CEO, Jay Fulcher. The company is in a better spot than it's ever been. We have smart and collaborative people, a high-impact product and vision, vast resources, and strong, experienced leaders. The work-life balance is fantastic. The comp is solid. The opportunity is massive. Career development and mobility is bountiful and encouraged.

Cons

Working here is not for the faint of heart. We have a lot at stake and we are coming out of some difficult times. Thriving here requires commitment to and belief in the bigger picture. Once candidates understand the business model (which is clever and not immediately obvious) and product vision, it's hard not to jump on board.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and instilling a culture of discipline and accountability. It's working.

Zenefits2017-08-01

"Opportunities Galore!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking for a rewarding career with opportunities to learn and expand, then Zenefits is the place for you. The senior leadership team encourages us to think out of the box and is extremely supportive of new ideas. Team members across all offices are always willing to help one another.

Cons

If prefer a job that is monotonous, then Zenefits is probably not the right fit for you. As the company continues to grow, there is a lot of change; and, with all the changes, there are many opportunities for those willing to try something new.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire and support your teams.

Zenefits2020-01-02
  2. "Great place to make an impact and grow your career"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zenefits has been a blessing for me. After multiple career switches in the hectic tech industry, I finally found my home at Zenefits. Unlike other companies, Zenefits values employees and prioritizes growth and development. Zenefits also has one of the best work/life balances in the tech industry, which has allowed me to take time off to deal with urgent family matters. Additionally, my managers have encouraged me to take more time off when these matters come up. Zenefits is easily the best environment I have ever worked in, I’m confident I’ll be here for years to come.

Cons

Expectations are high, but manageable. Come here if you’re ready to grow and take on new challenges.

Zenefits2019-12-19

Discover more reviews about Zenefits.