Zillow - The BEST company in the world! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

"The BEST company in the world!"

Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where do I even begin for the pros of this job. The culture is beyond amazing, every one is willing to help you. All managers have an open door policy and are willing to help you with anything you need. There is so much room to improve within the company, and there a multiple jobs you could apply for if you are interested in gaining experience in another area of the company. They always stock kitchens with snack, and they always make sure to have their healthy options. The benefits are through the roof, I have never had better health insurance in my entire life. This company cares so much for it's employees and their well being. The dress code is very relaxed, I love being able to wear jeans!

Cons

Honestly, with the way this company takes care off people. There is nothing bad I could say about the company itself. Bad experiences with a manager will happen to everyone.

Jun 10, 2016 – Zillow Representative

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at Zillow Group. I hope we always remain "Con"-free, but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction... More

Other Employee Reviews for Zillow

"Premier Agent Concierge"

Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great snack room. The location is good too, they have free parking and it is across the street from Top Golf.

Cons

The premier agent concierge department is just a little bit of a mess. When I was hired I thought it was going to be a lot different then it was. This position is basically telemarketing without the sales, you are harassing people all day just dialing nonstop getting hung up on and berated. When someone reaches out to a realtor in this program they are expecting that realtor to call them but instead you do and try to schedule a time for them to speak. It's good for busy agents who don't want to deal with bad leads like rentals but it frustrates consumers, it's really hard to feel good about what you're doing either.
         Management is very inexperienced and young which can make your day tough as well, the average age of our leadership team is probably 25 I would guess. For many of them this is their first job so they don't have a lot of real world management skills, they resort to micromanaging a lot. It started out as a fun environment but as time went on they have implemented more and more rules like no cellphones, no wearing shorts, no talking with each other at your desk, ect it feels a lot like highschool now. That's really all your manager or lead will be there for, watching you to make sure you're not texting. They can be very disrespectful too, it's definitely not a team relationship it's more us verse them. They don't have any sort of performance improvement plan either, if your numbers are bad they'll just give you the cold shoulder and not say hi in the hallway and stuff like that. It sounds really childish but again, it's a really inexperienced management team.
         The job itself breaks a lot of people just like telemarketing does too. In a typical day I'll make 200 dials. Since the job is so easy there is no advantage to people who have been there longer, it all comes to how many dials you can make in a day. New hires come in and do really well because it's new and they are optimistic, this position takes no skill or learning either just dial. After a few months though and realizing advancement wont happen you will be worn down and the thought of even making another call is tough. As soon as your numbers start to fall management will treat you very poorly. That's how the cycle has gone since I've been here, they have lost most of what I would consider their bright employees because of this. This creates a really odd environment too, about half of the floor is completely negative about everyone and everything here and talking openly about looking for another job.
         The advancement opportunities are not good either, this also creates a lot of the tension. This team has almost 200 people and many of us hired on wanting to advance here. They really sell you on that but they prefer to hire from outside rather than promote from within.
         Overall it's not a horrible job, the pay is really good for what it is and the benefits are nice as well. Definitely don't look at it as a career though, most people make it about 3 months before they start looking for something else. Management is really inexperienced and poor and it will feel a lot like high school but as long as you can handle that you can get by until you find something better.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a little more respect, you may be surprised by the results.

Jun 15, 2016 – Zillow Representative

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I’m glad you like the snacks and location, though of course, you have a lot more concerns about the job that outweigh those small positives. I’d be happy to meet... More

2. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I couldn't ask for better work/life balance, culture, benefits, location, leadership and opportunities. This company is hands-down, the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

I can't think of any real cons. The only negative thing is the commute for South Bay employees, but the Transbay Terminal (cal train) and San Jose bart station are going to be up in the next year or two.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We're headed in the right direction, and I can only see more growth from here.

Jun 1, 2016 – VP and GM, Rentals

So glad to hear you're having a great experience! We believe in working hard on meaningful problems, but the culture, benefits, and everything else matter so much as well.

Dan, VP Rentals