Zillow - The BEST company in the world! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Very little work/life balance in sales positions" (in 19 reviews)

• "Managers that have been there for years are lazy and if you report this to HR you get let go" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"The BEST company in the world!"

Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where do I even begin for the pros of this job. The culture is beyond amazing, every one is willing to help you. All managers have an open door policy and are willing to help you with anything you need. There is so much room to improve within the company, and there a multiple jobs you could apply for if you are interested in gaining experience in another area of the company. They always stock kitchens with snack, and they always make sure to have their healthy options. The benefits are through the roof, I have never had better health insurance in my entire life. This company cares so much for it's employees and their well being. The dress code is very relaxed, I love being able to wear jeans!

Cons

Honestly, with the way this company takes care off people. There is nothing bad I could say about the company itself. Bad experiences with a manager will happen to everyone.

Jun 10, 2016 – Zillow Representative

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at Zillow Group. I hope we always remain "Con"-free, but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Software Engineer at Zillow"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zillow is a great place to work.
    Great culture, great CEO, and lots of free snacks and perks.
    Employees are friendly to each other.
    Plus, there are Hackweeks to try whatever we like.

Cons

Lack of organizational level standard (maybe a not a totally bad thing) :
    Each team tends to do thing with a bit of their own culture. Some teams are more strict while some teams are more chill. Some teams are more old school while teams some are more innovative.
    Pay level is okay but not as competitive.

Advice to Management

Great culture and perk will indeed attract people, but that does not necessary offset the competitive pay level. Sometimes it is not the employees themselves to decide where they stay but their family.

Jun 16, 2016 – VP of Industry Solutions

Thank you for the kind words and I’m glad you like it here. I would agree there are differences between the teams just like the work they are doing is. However, you bring up a good point and I’ll... More

2. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I couldn't ask for better work/life balance, culture, benefits, location, leadership and opportunities. This company is hands-down, the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

I can't think of any real cons. The only negative thing is the commute for South Bay employees, but the Transbay Terminal (cal train) and San Jose bart station are going to be up in the next year or two.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We're headed in the right direction, and I can only see more growth from here.

Jun 1, 2016 – VP and GM, Rentals

So glad to hear you're having a great experience! We believe in working hard on meaningful problems, but the culture, benefits, and everything else matter so much as well.

Dan, VP Rentals

Discover more reviews about Zillow.