Zillow - Truly Living the Values | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

"Truly Living the Values"

Current Employee - Consumer Insights Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Consumer Insights Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Everyone at the company (at all levels of leadership) truly lives the values that the company has laid out
- Colleagues are very competent, knowledgeable, respectful and open to new ideas and concepts
- Support from leadership is second-to-none
- Truly customer-focused
- Office perks are not bad, either!
- Benefits outside of salary are generous and much-appreciated
- I have never been treated so well by everyone as I have here - I genuinely look forward to coming into the office every day

Cons

- Working out the kinks as the company transitions from a very small start-up to a larger company (acquisitions, lack of clear systems / processes) --> Not the place for someone that needs to have clear and precise processes in place to be comfortable. You have to be willing to create your own.
- I really wish that it wouldn't rain this much in Seattle.

Advice to Management

Keeping the mindset of a start-up company is applauded, but as the size continues to increase (number of employees, M&A's, revenue, etc.) continue to encourage creation of certain processes and systems that will help the company and its various parts be effective in meeting the needs of both employees and customers / consumers.

Mar 31, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the feedback and advice. I'm so glad you are happy here! - Amy (COO)

Other Employee Reviews for Zillow

"Believe the hype. This is the real deal"

Current Employee - Client Engagement in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Engagement in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zillow Group has wonderful benefits for employees and the Concierge department, as well as the company is always looking for ways to improve and remain relevant in an ever changing technology environment.

People talk about the culture here and many who are looking to become a Zillowite reference that in their interview, which is great. But it's not just a talking point here or some sort of spin for recruitment efforts. Culture is what we make of it here and everyone truly works hard to create the culture they want to see. Nothing like it anywhere that I have seen in 20 years of business, both public or private.

Big ideas are constantly generated and some of the most important things we have implemented as a company have come from front line folks.

Management cares about their people, and strives to provide support, remove roadblocks and challenges, and create an environment for those they support to grow in their career progression.

We all believe in the vision here, and for good reason; what we are doing is revolutionizing an entire industry for the better.

Cons

There is a repetitive nature to the workflow in Concierge, but that could be said of many positions. What is more accurate is that there is a flow and rhythm to what we do which works for most, but is not for everyone.

What it does allow for is an opportunity to become really proficient and a subject matter expert at what you do, thus giving you great insight into many other departments within the org.

If there truly is a Con here, it's that the Big Ideas and fast movement we must adhere to in order to be the best at what we do, can be frustrating for some. The truth though is that it's a glass half empty kind of outlook and while certainly challenging at times, always leads to a better product for our consumers and clients... and isn't that what we are here to do in the first place?

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. As strong as we are, we have a long ways to go and complacency is almost always the killer of a good product. Keep pushing for the next goal post, keep striving for even better people management practices and continue to develop our people who are the face of, and ambassadors of Zillow to millions of people across the country. There are great things in the future.

Mar 15, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thanks for these very thoughtful comments. I really like the last piece, don't get complacent! Excellent advice if there ever was any. You are 100% correct. Being idle is moving backward. We have to... More

"Company Direction"

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits. Co-workers are very friendly

Cons

They are still in business

Advice to Management

So let me see if I understand this, this apparent VP sits on the computer for what it seems like is a fair amount of time and writes back to a large amount Glassdoor reviews posted. This to me is interesting I see a fair amount of negative reviews and you think that this VP would be doing something to actually try to curtail the negative reviews and not just spout crap in each and every response he writes. Zillow please use your employees management and time better in the future thank you

Apr 10, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you like the benefits and find your fellow Zillowites friendly. At the risk of proving your point by responding to your Glassdoor review ;-), I assure you that... More