Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Highly recommended; prepare to work hard

Aug 26, 2017 - Senior Business Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment/culture is amazing. People are positive and have fun at work, while working hard. Management expects a lot out their teams. For those that are willing to work hard, have a great team mentality and attitude, and quickly adapt to change there is massive opportunity for financial earnings and career growth. I could not be happier with my role here. I leave work every day and week feeling good about my opportunities and contributions to the greater whole. I highly recommend Zillow as a career path. Thank you!!

Cons

Communication from management can sometimes lack clarity. Some of this has to do with just how quick things move and evolve here. Continue to focus on delivering new updates, training, etc. in digestible formats.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Zillow Response

GM

Hello, this is Dave Frisone the General Manager of sales for the NY office. Thank you very much for your feedback about the role, and the positive, winning culture that you have clearly helped us build! I am truly proud that you are happy here, and we will definitely work on how we communicate so that we can deliver more clarity to you and the team to help ensure continued success. If you would like to discuss anything further, stop by my desk or email me directly: davef@zillowgroup.com. Thanks again!

1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former

Overall cool company to work for

May 11, 2021 - Backend Developer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Competitive salary Chances to grow

Cons

Too large company Too much meetings

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great company if you're comfortable with being pigeo-holed.

Apr 16, 2021 - Customer Care Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great Benefits are awesome The company adopted new wfh norms and methods to make work life balance better for employees

Cons

Zillow overall is a great company, but if you're looking to make a career change or move around internally outside of your own department, you'll have better luck making a career switch elsewhere. Even though the company has a policy to discourage managers from blocking you from making a switch to a different team, if someone higher up in management feels that they "need" you, they won't sign off on your transfer. This is probably why the internal mobility success rate is just barely 30%. Managers in other departments are only willing to give people already within their department a chance if they have less experience. Often talented individuals who have an interest in other fields or departments get blocked and pigeon-holed in their current roles. Upper management is only willing to sign off paperwork to make those transfers happen if you've been given an offer by another company. Even then, ZG will drag their feet in getting all the approvals in hopes that you'll be dumb enough to decline the external opportunity due to company loyalty and faith on their fake promises. Internal mobility is supposed to be an advocate for employees that wish to transfer roles, clearly they need to reassess their internal mobility program if their success rate is just barely 30%

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Zillow.