Zillow - Promising company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zillow

"Promising company to work for"

Current Intern - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Intern - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great engineering culture. Good work-life balance. Smart co-workers and awesome management.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Zillow Response

Nov 21, 2013 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for Zillow

"Our leadership and mission honestly makes me excited to go to work every day!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Zillow. The original founders and current leadership have infused the company with a passion beyond that of any other company I'm aware of. I believe we have a really great vision and an incredible about of growth potential ahead of us, and that makes the company so much fun to work out. Employees are treated very, very well, we have a really fun culture, we're paid well enough and have stock options that continue to grow, and we're still at that perfect size where a single employee can make a really big difference in the company as a whole.

Cons

Pay for engineers at least seems to be a bit below what other employers pay. You probably won't get a salary offer that matches one from Microsoft, Google, Amazon, or the like. That said, if you ask me, working at such a neat company w/ insane growth and potential for career advancement makes the tradeoff worth it.

Advice to Management

Let's make sure we manage out lame employees. I've met a small number of mediocre workers who only care marginally about their work and Zillow as a whole, and we should do our best to not tolerate that.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you're having a great experience at Zillow.
    I agree that we need to keep guarding against the creeping forces of mediocrity. We must never become a... More

"Nothing compares."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best environment. Management creates a conducive environment to succeed. CEO is hands on and open door policy is actually a reality. I am blessed to work there.

Cons

This might sound cheesy… NOTHING.

Advice to Management

Don't stop what you are doing.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2013 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you are having a great experience at Zillow, and I hope it continues that way into 2014 and beyond.