Cover image for Zillow

Sales Executive
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inbound heavy. Very easy to hit quota with just inbounds

Cons

Career opportunities have been minimal

1. 5.0
        Sep 24, 2023
        Current Employee, more than 10 years
        Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance - Amazing benefits - The culture is amazing

Cons

- I haven't found many yet.

1. 3.0
          Aug 14, 2023
          Marketing Manager
          Former Employee, more than 1 year
          Business Outlook

Pros

Quality teammates within Marketing, more often than not. Pay and benefits are ok, but the company generally takes work/life balance pretty seriously. The working environment is pretty laid back.

Cons

The Marketing org has a very messy culture. Success and growth are more dependent on joining the right clique or warming up to the right leaders than on performance, and expectations are rarely communicated. You're generally rewarded for being a yes-man and punished for pointing out issues to make the work or environment stronger. The org is layered and top-heavy, with each mid- or senior-level manager trying to push their own dreams, plans, and ideas in order to prove their worth and justify their positions. The ICs are then left to support the core initiatives as well as the constant stream of pivots and pet-projects from leaders, while resources are regularly short or reallocated. I mentioned above that the work/life balance at Zillow is generally a strong point, but this only holds for those times when the org hasn't over-extended its promises and resources. In other cases, you will be expected to work evenings and weekends to move projects forward. Overall, working in the Marketing org felt like pledging a frat or sorority: get through the hazing and get into leaderships' inner circles, and you'll have an easy time. Otherwise this won't be a company where you can expect to develop your career.

Discover more reviews about Zillow.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.2K

Portfolio Manager

I have an upcoming interview with LBBW and I'm keen to prepare effectively. If you have experience with LBBW's interview process, could you please share your insights, including the interview format, common questions, valued skills or knowledge areas, recommended preparation resources, and any general tips for success? Your guidance would be immensely valuable not only to me but also to others preparing for interviews with LBBW. Thank you for your assistance.

Eddie Fairchild

Why is it that every employer once extensive experience and at least a decent college degree like a bachelors as requirements for a position? But then, when they see that you’re older, they still go through the trouble of interviewing you, even though you can clearly see that you are treated with ageism . I just don’t understand mentality in today’s day and age when it comes to interviewing processes as I feel like I am 18 again .

Account Executive

Another day, another rejection email. I've been job searching since May and have made it fairly far in some interview processes only to get rejected at the final stages. Even after asking for constructive feedback, I get nothing back. How do you stay motivated to keep pressing on when you face rejection after rejection? Genuinely looking for advice / solidarity.