Zimmer Biomet - If You're Used to and Embrace Cultures Other Than You're Own, This is NOT the Place for You | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"If You're Used to and Embrace Cultures Other Than You're Own, This is NOT the Place for You"

Former Employee - Non-Technical Role in Warsaw, IN
Former Employee - Non-Technical Role in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely competitive salary, especially for the Indiana area
Nice Technology (iphones, ipads, etc.)
Great Benefits!
'Pockets' of Caring People

Cons

Too Warsaw-centric
Not diverse (ethnic, thought or cultural)
Top-heavy; most leadership invisible to employees in their ivory towers
No real opportunity to influence change
GE is king; don't bring anything other than GE ideas
Not all, but a lot of people in the town and the employees are just plain mean and rude. Period.

Advice to Management

*Get over yourselves. The new guy they brought on board recently to lead US Sales is the prototype. Follow his lead and loosen up.
*Encourage more inclusion amongst employees.
*Stop advertising you are a global employer when you are really just a Warsaw business that does business in other countries. There is a big difference. You are NOT global.
*Diversify your leadership. It's the 'good ol boys club' right now.
*Stop relocating people from outside of Indiana unless you change your infrastructure; it'll continue to be a waste of your time.
*Get new HR leadership (SVP and VP). You're entire HR team will improve if you do; right now, most of them are dead weight and not effective at all.
*Hold people accountable, from the top down.
*Move your headquarters to a larger town. Leave Warsaw, it's killing your business.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"Discombobulated but meaning well"

Former Intern - Sales Logistics Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Former Intern - Sales Logistics Intern in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the position I did, there was great interest from upper management. We were working in a high-impact environment where one is quick to see results in some cases, but this is not the case from many other people, from what I hear.

Cons

Work was disparate and never directed, our direction would change daily according to the whims of management and the distributors.

Advice to Management

In many cases, we need clear direction as to what we are aiming towards. Often, we have to bend over backwards to accommodate distributors, yet we push them to do something completely different.

"One of Few Professional Opportunities in Warsaw, IN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DRESS CODE (or lack of). There are a lot of very talented co-workers who really care about one another. Provides much needed professional opportunity is a very rural area.

Cons

The other reviews I read here mirror my own. Managment is chosen not for experience and skill level and this results in uncertaintly, poor training, and errors. The company tries to run on a very shoe string budget and will not put money forth for absolute essentials to performing the job well. Managment expects employees to run at 120% at all times while they wave to you on their way out to go spend time with their children at 4:00 pm. In 2012, HSA only health benefits.

Advice to Management

Communicaton during the reorganization was TERRIBLE. Your employees are talented people with skills and "like it or lump it" leaves little choice but for your real talent to lump it and work for competitors.