Zimmer Biomet - One of the most culturally toxic places to work... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"One of the most culturally toxic places to work..."

Former Employee - Senior Management in Warsaw, IN
Former Employee - Senior Management in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Talented and motivated people who want to do the right thing.

Cons

Horrible mismanagement from the top. Archaic style of management by fear vs. inspiration. Lack of understanding of the basic principles of good servant leadership. Introspective focus vs. customer focus. Growth within the organization tie back to political allegiances vs. doing the right thing by the customer and shareholder. Too much focus on minutia and not enough on vision, strategic direction. People are not empowered to speak their mind nor take significant action to positively impact the business.

Advice to Management

You need to focus your attention on how to better foster inspirational leadership; one that empowers rather causing fear, drive accountability based on measurable performance; not politics.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"Lack of proper training from current personnel for this position!"

Former Contractor - Quality Inspector in Edina, MN
    Former Contractor - Quality Inspector in Edina, MN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for this position and the location was good.

Cons

They did not have a system in place for my training. In fact , there was No training whatsoever. I was left to basically train myself and was repremanded when I didn't complete certain forms correctly. I wanted to make this a pleasant experience and tried very hard to learn my job responsibilities, but went home every day completely frustrated.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people for these positions if you don't have adequate training by responsible people that are willing to take time to answer your questions appropriately and respectfully.

"Ops Mgr"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some people who really care about your success and career paths. Great place to work if you have the right manager.

Cons

Always eliminating positions and getting rid of people who are knowledgable.

Advice to Management

Learn to retain key people who have key knowledge and potential. It shouldn't be a popularity contest.