Zimmer Biomet - Some things were great, others not so much | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"Some things were great, others not so much"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as an intern

Pros

I was given really meaningful work that really developed me a lot. The majority of the people I worked with were great and I could tell that they really cared about developing me personally.

Cons

There was very low morale. I frequently spoke with my full-time co-workers and many of them appeared to only stay due to the bad economy. There were those who did enjoy their jobs, but hearing the frequent negative comments makes me think twice about pursuing full-time.

Advice to Management

I understand deadlines, but try not to over-work your employees. They're run ragged to meet a deadline then pushed to go ahead at full force immediately after. Give them a little breathing room. (Note: This was an observation, I did not personally experience this)

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer Biomet

1. "Be careful of living in Warsaw"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet (More than a year)

Pros

The company will pay you well.

Cons

Warsaw is not a good place to live and to develop careers. You might have encountered unexpected things really frustrating here, water contaminated with copper, limited social activities, limited service resources, etc. An old 1 bedroom apartment suite with ugly appliance cost you $700+. Property management is without professionalism. Landlady is rude and unreasonable, yelling a lot and did not know how to draft an email with formal English.

I agree with someone mentioned previously, "one of the most culturally toxic place to work". The mid-senior management team seems not stable. I don't not see the company maintains its value, or maybe this company does not have its own value. People working with me focus only on minutia but ignore vision and strategy. If you seem to be more ambitious or maintain a refined life style or just look different from them, they will play politics and make your life difficult. Oh they don't have training at all, and they expect you to bring your previous experiences into. However if your way is different from theirs, they will try to push you out.

Advice to Management

Move the company out of Warsaw. Warsaw is not a place to attract talents working for you. Without well-trained professionals, it is hard to establish a way to do things correctly.

2. "Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Current Intern - Intern in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The department I work for is very well organized and the management is highly involved with the staffs projects. They care about the staff.

Cons

I can not think of any as of right now