Zimmer Biomet - coop engineer experience | Glassdoor

"coop engineer experience"

Former Intern - Coop Engineer in Warsaw, IN
Former Intern - Coop Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good culture, increasing market shares and introduction of lean manufacturing suggest good things in future for company

Cons

top heavy structure, still somewhat confused after moving from public to private held company. Losing some of the family owned feel with buyout and adoption of lean manufacturing as the company grows.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer Biomet

1. "Worst place by far I have ever worked in my entire life."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sunny location, good work experience.

Cons

No Christmas party
    Decining sales
    lack of innovation and new products.

Advice to Management

This is my advice to upper management. Take the time to know what is going on in your department, communicate with lower level employees, Zimmer Dental is not that big of a place that you cant have some relationship with everyone that works for you.
    Pay attention and understand that when things get done, it is not magic their is usually a lot of hard work that goes into it. Recognize people who actually get things accomplished as opposed to people who promise to get things done.
    Stop paying attention to your own careers and advancement and take care of the people that are supporting you, your own advancement will follow when you can run a successful department.
    Have a holiday party it is absurd that you don't. When my friends ask me where is your holiday party going to be this year? my response for the last three years has been "My company does not care about its employees"

"Great place to work! Great Benefits!"

Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good job security (no lay offs through recession), Competitive pay, Air conditioned shop, 100% match up to 6% 401k (with roth 401k option), 15 days vacation per year, Low premium HSA & HRA insurance, free $50,000 life insurance, free short term disability insurance, free long term disability insurance, low cost dental insurance, low cost eye insurance, free coffee, free black tea, free hot chocolate, there is a cafeteria.

Cons

There are communication issues between Hourly people and management. The United Steel Workers are trying to organize Biomet right now (May 2013) and trying to get people to be discontent.

Advice to Management

Find better ways to communicate with Hourly employees.