Zimmer Biomet - Great work environment | Glassdoor

"Great work environment"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Warsaw, IN
Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very professional people that I worked with in the Research area. Making products that help people improve their lives is rewarding.

Cons

We would get started on projects and then have the funding cut for a quarter, or a year, then get restarted. Budget priorities seemed to always be shifting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the six-sigma Green Belt/Black Belt training programs, it will pay major dividends in no time.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer Biomet

"Great Company and bright future"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very innovative and a full portfolio. They have a broad spectrum of useful products. Great future with the acquisition of DePuy trauma. Not many recalls.

Cons

No communication within the company to sales force. Regional managers have no insight or hands on the ground aspect.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your salesforce.

"Salary not equitable"

Former Employee - Compliance in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Compliance in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can really learn about the hip and knee group

Cons

too many people are related and given preferential treatment if they were born there. I was paid $20k less and I had the credentials and the other person was paid the equivalent of a Manager or Director and only had a high school diploma. Cannot enforce compliance as too many people know each other and go to the bar together so the rules are made to be broken. I think it could be a good company if it wasn't so inbred and there was some integrity. They should learn how to pay people of their worth and not cheat folks.

Advice to Management

You really need to evaluate your practices but somehow I think you have lost all the folks with integrity and kept your inbred children to control and party with. Stop being friends and run your business with integrity. Empty promises and back stabbing and failure to put controls like I told you will get you more government scrutiny. Do it right the first time instead of waiting for the government to tell you to fix it