Zimmerman Advertising - I look back at this company and laugh my butt off. Then cry.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

"I look back at this company and laugh my butt off. Then cry...."

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire just about anybody - no college degree or straight out of college. You think you're hot stuff when you first get a job at Zimmerman. It will take about 3 months for reality to set in when you can't pay your bills and realize it's the worst company you'll ever work for.

Cons

Horrible pay, long hours, no company morale, UNREAL turnover rate. It's least creative agency imaginable. They are all about cranking out as many ads in the least amount of time possible. I'm sure creative people work there, but none of them work in management so it doesn't matter. The second you get to know your coworker they will quit, and the cycle continues until you quit. Average time at Zimmerman is less than a year. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Every interviewer I had elsewhere couldn't believe I lasted there over 2 years.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and start giving a crap about your employees. Seriously. Oh, and nobody can live off of 24k a year. NOBODY.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

"If you can handle Zimmerman you can work anywhere else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

...although the benefits are pretty good.

Cons

The agency motto is "24/7. Seriously" and management enforces it in every aspect of the corporate culture. Instead of highlighting something like creativity, innovation, or results, they just want to boast about what a sweatshop they are. Seriously.

Advice to Management

The people running this company don't want or need any advice.

"Only if you desperately love advertising and can't get a job at any other decent agency"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

-No experience needed
    -Become friends with your co-workers (so you can complain together)
    -Large agency/large clients
    -Lots of young people

Cons

-Lack of creativity
    -The 24/7 serious thing is great if you own your own business and reap all of the benefits. But when you're a salaried employee starting below $30K, they can't serious expect people to be that crazy and dedicated to the boring advertising they do. Pushing to be better is great, but management also needs to learn how to motivate their employees and boost morale. Promotions are frequent but the raises are so minimal, it takes 5 years to make any sort of respectable money and by then you'll probably be so fed up that it won't be worth it. In order to make it, you need to burry your head, laugh off the fact that your being undervalued and keep killing yourself. Sounds like a recipe for a revolt to me....
    -Management is too busy to actually think about growing a team
    -Last minute tasks always pop up around 5:45pm
    -Weekend work is expected
    -Everything is sooo important and has to be done today...when in reality, the client isn't waiting around at 11pm on a Friday night for web banners to go live...it can wait til Monday morning or the next weekend!

Advice to Management

Give a s**t about the people you hire...being rich is only cool when you help others grow