Zimmerman Advertising - This place is a stepping stone for a far better job in the future. Life becomes so much more pleasant once you leave. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

"This place is a stepping stone for a far better job in the future. Life becomes so much more pleasant once you leave."

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people there are really easy to get along with. Ex coworkers were a joy to be around which always alleviated the stress that accompanied the job. I learned a lot from this job and boosted my experience and opened doors to my field.

Cons

Salary was too low with little or no raises. Very stressful environment to work in. Everyone has got that mentality of "I want it done right away." Some of the people that work there have very low or no appreciation to the hard work that you have done. Being micromanaged is something that they are into.

Advice to Management

This is directed towards anyone outside of the IT Dept: Don't overlook at the accomplishments your engineers have done, or bash them because of the lack of technical knowledge. They are human beings too. People make mistakes. And they are not full of on the fly fixes. They are the ones that you rely on to make sure everything is running normally. Because without them, well, let's face it, you might as well draw, print, and write everything on paper.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

"Work hard, 24/7 is their motto and the agency lives up to it."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging
    Results-driven
    Multiple accounts (diverse)
    Good place to learn management tactics
    Charity driven

Cons

Outside of cycling there is no agency culture.
    All accounts need more integration with planning, social media and promotions.

Advice to Management

Reinstitute bonuses

"Work hours against pay equals = Major waste of time"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to build your resume or get some basic experience (but not in a particularly meaningful or sustainable way). That blog we all get subjected to provides a good laugh.

Cons

Low pay
    Unsustainable in terms of work load
    Little praise or acknowledgement for efforts
    No raises for most people over several years
    The management promotes a fear based culture

Advice to Management

Watch out!!!-as the market improves, I can't imagine people would be interested in continuing to be abused constantly for relatively low pay. Zimmerman Advertising is just not that compelling. They offer minimal resources or support to their employees and the concept of spending money on their staff to show any appreciation is laughable. The office building, with it's limited space, is another huge draw-back. Just overall it's an over-stressed out group of people working in this awful environment until they realize they can do better.