Zimmerman Advertising - Good starting place...but that is really it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zimmerman Advertising

"Good starting place...but that is really it"

Former Employee - Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at the Assistant Media Planner/Junior Media Planner level can really learn from one another. You will make mistakes and learn a lot right off the bat.

Several clients from several industries to work on

Lots of resources to learn (and add to your resume)

You thought you knew excel...now you will

There are several Supervisors and AMD's who are very cool and you will know how lucky you are when you work with them

It is not all bad but you know it will be a stepping stone

Cons

The starting salary was painfully low, insulting to a degree, but I had to look at is as the cost of getting my feet wet in the industry as well as a reason to ask for a credit limit increase

There are some Supervisors and AMD's that seem like Satan and you will loathe them

Often you become a cog in the wheel and do repetitive mindless tasks...The only way out is to be proactive and approach your superiors for new challenges... as well as not make mistakes on the more mindless tasks

You come cheap to them fresh out of college which is great for them but terrible for you. You can get tiny raises along the way or be smart and jump ship a good or even average opportunity arises. The Sun will be brighter...the grass will be greener on the other side.

Advice to Management

I have heard that things have become better with the new Media Director but frankly when you hire people from out of state you have to know the salary is near impossible to live off of. I racked up tons of credit card debt simply to work and get experience and I am still paying for it. When I started I was offered $24k. I hope that has changed.

I was fortunate to work with a few great AMD's and Supervisors but when your employees actually complain about one specific AMD over and over again take it seriously.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmerman Advertising