Zions Bancorporation - The "Future Core Project" is destined for failure.... TCS is a flawed company and software sucks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zions Bancorporation

"The "Future Core Project" is destined for failure.... TCS is a flawed company and software sucks."

Former Employee - I T
Former Employee - I T

I worked at Zions Bancorporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good folks that still work there... But there have been even more great people that have left because of in-competent, in-experienced executive and senior management.

Cons

Lots... compliance issues.. production stability issues.. federal regulators have arrived (and they are not happy)... lack of leadership at all levels..

Advice to Management

The CIO and CTO should resign before the hammer falls. Experienced I.T. Executives from outside of the bank need to be brought in to clean things up before it is too late.

Other Employee Reviews for Zions Bancorporation

"Lots of promises, no delivery."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Zions Bancorporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work flexibility (while it lasted). Lots of new technology whether the bank needs it or not. Good people to work with (until they leave). There are opportunities to learn and grow if you take the initiative to find them for yourself.

Cons

Horrible benefits. Inept management. No leadership at executive level. Zions Bancorporation and more specifically the IT organization has become a very toxic organization to work for. All decisions at the executive level are made based on the ego of one particular person. Technology fit and what is best for the organization take a back seat. It's disheartening to see millions (literally) wasted on unnecessary purchases when on the other hand we refuse to invest in things we need. This has led to a mass exodus of talent leaving a bunch of less than qualified people holding the bag. Oh, and did I mention the benefits are horrible?

They have recently kicked off a core replacement project that is already headed down the wrong direction. Steer clear when the project fails as they will be looking for people to take the fall for the failures of management.

I tried to stick it out hoping that it would get better but after years of only seeing things get worse I had no choice but to move on.

Advice to Management

I don't think at this point there is any advice that would help management. They are either a key part of the problem or have their heads too deep in the sand to notice. Stop getting on quarterly conference calls and telling us that we have great health insurance. It's a lie and we all know it. It's insulting.

2. "Excellent career path"

Current Intern - Compliance Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Intern - Compliance Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Network, a good place to start your career, excellent working atmosphere, competitive salary rate, flexible working hours

Cons

I had a great experience working for them