Zodiac Aerospace - Go to Zodiac Aerospace in Gainesville as a last resort | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zodiac Aerospace

"Go to Zodiac Aerospace in Gainesville as a last resort"

Former Employee - Contract Designer in Gainesville, TX
Former Employee - Contract Designer in Gainesville, TX

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major player in aerospace seating

Cons

Technically deficient, with a management team unqualified and inexperienced with modern technology, modern business culture, and They don't respect the white collar workforce and they have no idea how to attract, treat and retain talented professionals. Word is out about this employer, and they cannot hire themselves out of the mess due to a bad executive management team. The building is dirty, located an hour outside of Dallas, and they constantly bring engineers in from Mexico to work for their project engineers, however, they don't bother to put them on the payroll for Gainesville, rather they pay them low Mexican wages and call it "training" which puts everyone at risk, the managers and the people from Mexico. For new hires that come in, you will be lucky to have a decent desk and computer, as that is an afterthought and they don't care if you have a decent desk. If you complain, you'll be fired. Constantly pressed to work overtime, put out substandard designs because there is no time to design it right, and no sign this will change anytime soon. Having Zodiac on your resume is not an asset as the industry knows they are a mess.

Advice to Management

Zodiac France needs to take a hard look at the entire operation.

Other Employee Reviews for Zodiac Aerospace

"Not a place you want to make a career out of. It's better to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission... Same to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, TX

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace full-time

Pros

Most of the management are caught in a knee jerk reaction trying to catch up and always in a blame control mode.

Cons

It's better to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission... Sames to be the catch 22 method of operation. They have a product that all of the airlines want they just continually fail to make the right decisions to take control of the market and take the competition out of business.

Advice to Management

Get two years of experience and find a another job

2. "It was a great learning experience with great people to work with"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Provo, UT

I worked at Zodiac Aerospace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My managers were great and were interested in making sure I improved and could learn where needed. Training was important. It was a good mix of R&D and production which kept me on my toes as well as having a variety of responsibilities where I didn't have to sit at my desk all day nor was I expected to.

Cons

The location was not growing as quickly as I would have liked and there wasn't much chance for advancement. There was high turnover on the shop floor, which is to be expected to some extent.

Advice to Management

Help the employees feel more appreciated and help them grow and learn and feel fulfilled.