Zones - Pretty good | Glassdoor

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Sales in Auburn, WA
Current Employee - Sales in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

people, free food, 40 hour weeks, 6 figures, new CEO with new vision

Cons

lots of processes need to change to be more customer centric. Sales has to deal with a lot of incompetent support people, that make our jobs harder.

Advice to Management

listen more and act on what you are hearing

Other Employee Reviews for Zones

"A job from where I knew nothing about the products when I started to selling over a million dollars a month in 2 years."

Former Employee - Enterprise Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Enterprise Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Zones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were the best reason and the new things that I learned.

Cons

When upper management decided to eliminate my position was the worst thing that happened.

Advice to Management

If you are going to re-organize please talk to the employees first to see what else they have to offer.

"9 interesting years"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent initial training program. Decent overall benefits. Often times there was free food and drinks. Plenty of rewards and trips and accolades for top sales people. Work life balance was great. You could make 100k working a true 40 hour work week if you were a top sales person (although this was not the norm). Personally I think the 2.5 rating is just about right.

Cons

Honestly there were so many that one cannot list them all. Honesty and trust with upper management was a huge problem. As a previous review noted the company was unequivocally stealing SPIFFs and margin from reps. Tracking the actual spiffs and margin you made every month was nearly impossible and cost reps thousands of dollars a year. Outside of sales most departments were understaffed and underpaid which resulted in very little ownership or care about problems. Base pay was decent but low compared to similar jobs at rival companies. The office being located in Auburn made for a cheap lease, but also meant Zones lost out on a lot of talent in Seattle. The company was frugal to a fault... We lost an enormous mount of talented people due to zones being to cheap to even give the slightest of raises. Within my sales division there has been an exodus of long time tenured reps who were fed up with things. In terms of company values there wasn't much of a culture or atmosphere to speak of. For being a tech reseller our internal It department was mediocre at best. The company went through one of the worst CRM conversions known to many and cost the company numerous employee's and accounts.

Advice to Management

To me the biggest thing that needs fixing is honesty and transparency from upper management to the sales force. The new CEO faces a huge task and I hope he is up for it as there are still a lot of hardworking and talented people at Zones.