Zoosk - Combines the fast-paced dev cycle of a young startup with the professional maturity and stability of a much older outfit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zoosk

"Combines the fast-paced dev cycle of a young startup with the professional maturity and stability of a much older outfit"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The agile environment means a lot of time is spent developing features. It is difficult to be bored because you rarely spend more than two weeks on any given project before moving onto the next venture.

Cons

Sometimes the heavy focus on feature development means a sacrifice in going back to clear up old technical debt which can be a bit frustrating for the engineering-minded. But, of course, given the choice I would much rather work on features than bugs and code refactoring.

Other Employee Reviews for Zoosk

"Amazing opportunities for growth in an environment, everyone cares about quality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Zoosk, especially in Engineering and UX, are some of the most dedicated and brilliant I have ever encountered. I used to often be the smartest person in the room at other workplaces, but that is rarely true at Zoosk. I've worked hard here, and my dedication has been noticed and rewarded. I try in turn to notice others' efforts and reward them generously.

Cons

The area is a bummer, to be perfectly honest. I get sick of eating at the mall. I also wish the User Ops team had a nicer office environment and that more effort had been put in to their floor.

Advice to Management

The time will come when there will need to be more delegation, and it's probably best to do it sooner rather than later.

"Great environment at a company with potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of cross-pollination between different teams. Co-workers are usually open to new ideas and working together to solve problems. In my experience team leaders have been more than willing to invest time into developing the skills of younger employees, so working here has been a great opportunity to learn. Management seems to attract employees who are friendly and engaging so the atmosphere is pretty jovial, overall.

The company and the product itself are *truly* driven by big-data and should stay ahead of the curve as the industry and competition evolve. Most people here have faith in the products (website, apps, etc.) as well as the trajectory of the business as it continues to grow.

As with most tech companies, the benefits package is great. There are free snacks, drinks, catered dinner nightly and (I think) everyone gets a complimentary gym membership. Some say that it's not as generous as other tech companies, but I personally don't feel the need to have Street Fighter II or Dance Dance Revolution in my office :)

Cons

The location -- on 6th and Market -- can be a bit off-putting. Things are getting better, though, as the tech industry presence increases (Spotify, Zendesk, Twitter, and others are all close by). The quality of local businesses and cleanliness of the neighborhood are consequently improving.