Zscaler - Good place with lot of potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zscaler

"Good place with lot of potential"

Current Employee - Product Management in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Product Management in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are visionaries in their technology space and have a lot of potential. You will find an organization with:
* Very smart & incredibly hardworking people
* Amazing Product & Innovation
* Atmosphere of dedication
* Very approachable upper management (CEO)
* Place to be if you are straightforward, self-motivated & love technology
* Your ping-pong skills will improve

Unlike larger companies where a lot of people end up taking credit for your hard work, Zscaler is very meritocratic. The CEO and Management are very clued-in on who's doing what and it is easy to shine here if you do good work. You will work with a very smart and driven group of people who share a common passion in making cloud security a reality. There is more emphasis on communication (monthly-all hands) and Thursday lunches are catered in to meet with folks.

Cons

When you are the first one in the space, the burden falls on you to validate all aspects of the technology and make it work. The team here continues to work through these challenges and you will need a optimistic can-do attitude to succeed here. If you are used to having efficient processes and procedures and a very structured approach to work, you may find yourself at sea.

However, on the bright side, you can define these procedures. Likewise, do not let things fester and feel free to scream out to your manager as people here are very busy and may not have time for the mollycoddling and regular 1:1 available in larger companies.

Advice to Management

Continue building the brand, company values and hiring experts in different domain areas to ensure smooth functioning of all departments. Focus on doing things more methodically. The company has reached critical mass and more processes will become important in the coming years.

Other Employee Reviews for Zscaler

"Great technology, but completely disorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Zscaler full-time

Pros

- Impressive & innovative technology
    - Lots of bright and intelligent people working there

Cons

- Training was disorganized, making the on-boarding process rocky
    - Processes in general weren't thought through
    - Growth opportunities not defined
    - Inadequate pay
    - Unattainable goals set with no solutions given to improve performance

"Right company, right product, right time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While others have spoken about a detrimental work environment here at ZScaler, I couldn't disagree more. There is passion and excitement about what we are doing here. We do run at breakneck speed at times, however that is hardly the exclusive purview of ZScaler in Silicon Valley. While I am asked to produce, the support and encouragement is there and I don't feel that the environment prevents me from being successful.

Cons

You can work at a Cisco or other large companies and get by with minimal effort. That isn't the case here. If people see that as a negative than this isn't the place for them.