Zumiez - All surface BS on their culture and the most disorganized retail environment I have ever experienced. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez

"All surface BS on their culture and the most disorganized retail environment I have ever experienced."

Former Employee - Manager in Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Manager in Danbury, CT

Pros

Cool merchandise, relaxed atmosphere. I am a veteran in the action sports industry and that's what they embrace.

Cons

Loud, cluttered, under staffed and located in a mall.

Advice to Management

Staff your stores heavier, increase security, pay better and scruntinize your regional managers a little closer.

Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez

"horriblen"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montclair, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montclair, CA

Pros

No Pro's it was a horrible job. I was on call and when i actually did have the chance to work, they wanted me to come in from 10pm- 2 am... yes... to work on displays... it was horrible having to go to work so late especially because i was trying to finish up college!!

Cons

Advice to Management

They need to consider the "availability" of their sales associates. "On call" is a horrible way to hire someone...its unfair, especailly to a full-time college student who needs a set schedule...

"Challenge from the start."

Current Employee - First Assistant Store Manager in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - First Assistant Store Manager in Davenport, IA

Pros

Very fun, laid back atmosphere to work in. High energy, do what you want, no rules apply kind of store. Organized chaos , and I LOVE that. My team was absolutely amazing, we all worked together so good! The first year I worked there I got to go to Washington state for a snow conference, Chicago for a district meeting, and Colorado as a reward trip, everything paid for by zumiez.

Cons

Within the first two months of working there I was expected to run the store with little to no staff. I finally got promoted from second assistant to first assistant. Although an acting store manager was put into place I continued to train and learn how to properly run the store. At my one year mark I asked for another raise, when I thought i was going to get an "Of course you have done so much" Instead I was told i needed to make a list of reasons why i deserved a raise and then I was given $0.25.

Advice to Management

You expect so much out of your employees which i think is GREAT, but i believe there is a time to ask for more and there is a time to step back and say what an AWESOME job you did. Also have more faith in your managers, we do and can do more then you give us credit for.