KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

90 -100% AE Turnover within a year, Combative management

Apr 21, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly transparent organization. Some very capable and smart folks in every department, all levels Competitive comp (BUT, maximizing your variable is another story) Communication is open and one is encouraged to work cross functionally. The sales team is in fact highly regarded within the organization and Zuora is known to groom strong sales talent. Sales has access to resources and there is a team selling environment You will be treated like you’re in a frat. Take that as you wish.

Cons

Very difficult place to work and everyone knows it. The following will sound exaggerated and coming from a disgruntled employee but sadly, it's neither. First off, all the recent 5 star reviews are written by a) those who have been here since Feb’14 who Mgmt asked to review because they don’t know any better or b) Senior management who are having trouble recruiting The most tenured reps on the Enterprise/SMB/Mid-Market/SDR teams have been at Zuora for ~1 year...everyone else has left. This is NOT Hyperbole, do validate on LinkedIn! This has been the precedent at Zuora since it’s founding but it extends well beyond the sales team. Mgmt has been desperately trying to improve morale as some very senior folks have recently left abruptly. The culture created by the execs is simply combative. If you don't engage, you will get trampled. Sales management is the biggest culprit and forecast calls are a medium for humiliation. Once again, not an exaggeration nor isolated to the low performers. Please ask a Zuora rep what these "meetings" are called. Quota? forget about it. 10-20% of reps even get close to their number and if you're a new AE in a tier 3 territory, chances of hitting are incredibly slim. Very little inbound lead activity = you will prospect a lot YET historical data says that 80% of your number has to come from inbound (which you won't get.) Vicious cycle. Product, while can be a good fit for some companies, is far from being the next billion dollar IPO that management likes to hype. Number of customers has remained flat for years, customer churn is a major problem and a very small group of clients are used as references over and over. Large SDR team is mislead, unmotivated and not much of a value add. Outbound accounts for a VERY small portion of business and less so comes from the sdr team. A lot of blind leading blind No sense of work/life balance. Sr Sales mgmt works like machines and reps are expected to as well. You will be berated if you go against this Senior sales leadership is just not pleasant to be around most of the time. Nepotism abound, and unless you’re one of the rare guys in a golden patch, your time will come. What's career progression?

Continue reading
    29 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

SDR

May 9, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely welcoming atmosphere, great work to life balance, fantastic benefits

Cons

No 401k match when you start

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

By far worst experience in this company

Jul 16, 2022 - Sr. Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can find some great hard working engineers

Cons

The other bad reviews are real. Mid level managers in engineering are worst . They have autonomy to hire and fire as they please. I realized I am hired along with other resources and I am let go after few months. I am kept busy to not realize what was going on . Despite me checking how I am doing , I was told to keep doing good work on projects. HR is a big joke. They are puppets under mgmt. Don’t join here unless you know someone who is in mgmt role. The agony I went through for the months I was there.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Zuora Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Zuora, we are always looking to ensure that the ZEO experience is a great one and each ZEO is given the opportunity to bring forth any issues/concerns. If you're open to discussing this further, we encourage you to share your feedback directly with your leadership team or connect with your ZEO Success Partner who can help provide additional support.

Discover more reviews about Zuora.

Zuora Photos

+ Add Photo
Zuora photo of: Bowling in Boston!
Zuora photo of: Giving Week at HQ
Zuora photo of: Volunteering at the Marin Food Bank
Zuora photo of: Packing STEM kits during Giving Week
Zuora photo of: Volunteering at the Animal Shelter
Zuora photo of: Giving back to puppies during giving week
Zuora photo of: Volunteering time to paint chalkboards for local schools