Zynga - Classic plump and dump startup | Glassdoor

"Classic plump and dump startup"

I worked at Zynga

Pros

Largest social games network in the world Chance to become rich off stock (VP and C-staff only, not so much if you are an individual contributor) Big new building, very nice Free food ( however the quality had steadily gone down, but hey its free)

Cons

Zero processes for game design, engineering, creative, project management. Being told by my manager that if i am not at home sleeping, then i am here working. That is how i was welcomed to the team. Worst HR department i have ever witnessed. It was heartbreaking how much employees suffer due inability of this unprofessional group to do their job. HR one focus seems to be giving perks, bonuses and quarterly... awards to themselves. When employees complained HR un-friended us in the lower pay grades, so as not to be to conspicuous. Operations really is a danger to this companies future growth. inept and callous, obviously more concerned about IPO , being the face of Zynga's humanitarian efforts and quarterly videos than being a real leader. All the ex Electronic Arts VPs. These are the very same people who ran EA into the ground 5 years ago. Now they have brought their same lack of initiatives to Zynga and it shows.

Advice to Management

survey the whole company about the areas that need to be addressed( HR, Operations, etc), assign these issues to your exec. team and hold them accountable to make measurable improvements on a quarterly bases. if they fail get rid of them. Survey studios individually and hold the GM accountable above and beyond DAU and Rev.

Zynga2011-10-27

"Great company"

Former Contractor - Maintenance in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga

Pros

Great benefits. Crazy long maternity leave and pawpaternity also for pet leave. You can take your dog to work ( park on roof). Free meals. A microbrewery I’m the building. Need I go on? 2 weeks off at Xmas.

Cons

Not a great neighborhood. Loud

Zynga2019-09-12

"PM-centric org with extremely high quality PMs"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun and exciting to build games with iconic brands, data-driven, impact

Cons

Lower quality managers (great ICs though), compensation, growth

Zynga2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Zynga.