Zynga - Possitive | Glassdoor

"Possitive"

Former Contractor - Programmer

I worked at Zynga for more than a year

Pros

Your work counts. Millions of people play the game or user the feature you wrote. Failure is tolerated and never punished. You can actually learn from your mistakes. Compensation is better then in any other company I have ever worked for. Benefits are amazing. Vacation, time off, dogs at work, catered lunch and dinner, gym membership, transportation to and from work is free. Financial bonuses are substantial.

Cons

Very long hours and very stressful work. More so then any other game company I worked for. No ownership of work. You work as if on an assembly line. Working on feature after feature with no end in sight. Features are designed by Project Managers that have no clue what they're doing.

Advice to Management

Management has no idea why Zynga is making the money it does. Focus on games for women. Most of your players are female. Pay attention to your community managers. They are in touch with the players and know what makes a game successful. Reduce the number of Project Managers. They detract from productivity, by asking for features that do not contribute to the success of a game. Do not get into on-line gambling.... You're going to lose employees.

Zynga2012-06-29

"Great company"

Former Contractor - Maintenance in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga

Pros

Great benefits. Crazy long maternity leave and pawpaternity also for pet leave. You can take your dog to work ( park on roof). Free meals. A microbrewery I’m the building. Need I go on? 2 weeks off at Xmas.

Cons

Not a great neighborhood. Loud

Zynga2019-09-12

"PM-centric org with extremely high quality PMs"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun and exciting to build games with iconic brands, data-driven, impact

Cons

Lower quality managers (great ICs though), compensation, growth

Zynga2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Zynga.