Zynga - Great perks. Nice work environment. Company needs to refocus. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

"Great perks. Nice work environment. Company needs to refocus."

Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Beautiful facility. Great co-workers. Great salary.

Cons

Upper management is often confused and top heavy. Listening isn't their strong suit. Terrible advancement policy (or rather lack of one. Basically you need to kiss the right tail in order to grow)
Company is entirely focused on copying exhausting games and less on taking risk and truly finding out the things that make games fun.

Advice to Management

Start having one on one sessions with lower staff. Ask them questions instead of talking at them. Listen. Foster creative environment by making smaller teams who experiment and innovate instead of investing big money in larger games and then canceling them when they do poorly.

Other Employee Reviews for Zynga

"It pays the bills"

Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some very talented people working here and the culture is generally fun. Food and onsite gym is a plus.

Cons

There are too many missed opportunities when it comes to making quality games. The company is lagging behind our competition with innovation, fun and mass market appeal. There is extreme favoritism when getting bonuses and level ups, you need to be willing to play the game.

Advice to Management

You talk innovation yet you stay in the safe zone and fast follow our competition. How about you actually give us the opportunity to make new and original titles?

"You can work with very talented colleagues, but very difficult to find experienced and solid mentors and managers."

Former Employee - Senior QA Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior QA Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are surrounded with very very talented and motivated colleagues who inspires to work more and achieve more! As long as you bring strong work ethic, quality work, and collaborative attitude, you will meet amazing talents and get to be part of great team.

Cons

Very very hard to find good mentors and managers. I personally had a horrible management experience at Zynga which basically made me look elsewhere and got a job. A company that puts "Be your own CEO" and "Meritocracy" should eward on employee on performance. I sadly saw lots of politics which made things harder to make things happen.