Zynga - there is nothing good about Zynga except for the compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

"there is nothing good about Zynga except for the compensation"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good compensation is the only good thing. Except for that I don't find any other good thing about this job!!

Cons

negative career growth ( the shitty management and politics will make you even forget your previous skills), inexperienced managers, not so knowledgable people left in the company anymore.

Advice to Management

please get some management skills and try to make sense!!

Other Employee Reviews for Zynga

1. "Fun people and environment."

Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The perks are great! Free food, lots of video games and they pay well too. Their benefits package is great as well. People are great and are always happy to hang out after work.

Cons

Second round of layoffs just happened, but most viewed this restructuring as a positive thing for the company.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the layoffs are all over. Doing a great job, but people are noticing a severe cutback in perks. Confidence is low as it's obvious that you are looking to cut costs anywhere that is possible.

"Mercenaries, not Missionaries"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant people who came from consulting, investment banking, and a wide range of experience. Compensation was nice, good facade of meritocracy, office had ample food and snacks. Gym was a plus. I went back recently and I thought to myself that the place looks nicer than when I left, which is odd since the company's stock value has gone down.

Cons

No work-life balance, terrible leadership, idiotic management who had rose through the ranks by bullying individuals and humiliating people. Turns out when the stock price goes sour, all of these people run for the hills because they were only in the zero-sum company for the gain they could take from others anyway. I think I learned bad habits here that I'll have to recover from - like thinking that everyone else is out to get you and to think that company politics is how all companies are run.

Advice to Management

Grow up a little guys. Stop trying to over-manage things. Instead, try to embody the parts of the bay area that make startups powerful. Focus on new platforms and stop trying to optimize and milk your way to profitability. Instead, test, iterate quickly, and be like the initial Zynga, not the one it's become.