Zywave - Could Not Ask For More From A Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

"Could Not Ask For More From A Company"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Content Writer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first job out of college, and I could not ask for more from a company. After months and months and months of searching for and interviewing for jobs, I struggled to find the right company that matched the things I value most: my time, my money and my happiness. To start, the employee benefits are unbelievable. Immediate Paid Time Off is something that I had never seen in all of the companies I worked for/interviewed with (most of them require a certain amount of time worked before you can use it, often 6 months). Insurance offers great coverage, and 401(k) options are phenomenal (employees have their choice of Traditional or Roth plans), and the company offers an enticing employee match plan. Perhaps the most important of all, the company STRONGLY aims to please their employees. They offer an enticing flex-scheduling program, essentially allowing employees to create their own schedule. Core hours for the company are 10am-2pm, and employees are free to flex their time around that short 4 hour block, so long as they work a "full" workweek of 40 hours (or less). Most entry-level jobs I applied and interviewed for had workweeks of 45-60 hours. At Zywave, they really place an emphasis on work-life balance. There is not a single person I have met that is rude, and the environment is incredibly friendly. The people that you don’t know when you pass them in the hall and say “hello” even feel as if they’ve been your friend for years. Also, we recently had a summer company party/outing, that was BY FAR the best I had ever been a part of or even heard of. I can proudly say that one of the most fun days I have had in recent memory came while attending the company party, all while being paid because I was technically “on the clock.” The outing was a blast, and I bet every employee here had just a fun a time as I did. Just to give an example of the friendly and interactive environment here, the party was technically scheduled to go until 5pm, but there were still Zywave employees roaming the venue of the event at 9pm (and maybe even later). I spent months being patient, weighing my options, and being sure that the company I committed to was right for me, and I suggest the same for any seekers. I held out for a fantastic opportunity at Zywave Inc., and I could not ask for more from a company. The autonomy, friendly atmosphere, employee benefits package, retirement plans, flex scheduling and (I can’t believe I forgot to mention this up to this point) FREE soda and coffee make this place a great reason for me to happily hop out of bed every morning at 6am (but you can sleep in if you’d rather come in later…the beauty of flex scheduling).

Cons

Uh…the soda machine is primarily Pepsi products and I prefer Coke? Yeah…that is the worst of my worries…that’s how nice it is here.

Advice to Management

No advice to management, but advice to you job seekers: While it is important to take everything you read on websites like this into consideration, it is also important to not allow it to MAKE your decision of whether or not to interview. You can read all you want about other peoples’ experiences, but you will never fully know until you try it for yourself. You owe it to yourself to AT LEAST go through the interviews (not just here at Zywave, but any company that interests you enough to research it on websites like this one) to see if it is right for you. What is the worst that can happen? You decide with 100% certainty that the job is not for you and you move on? That sounds a lot better than ditching the possibility to interview when really it might be your dream job.
Every person has their own experience with a company. It’s time for you to discover your own

Other Employee Reviews for Zywave

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Challenging atmosphere
    -Plenty of opportunity to advance, even for newcomers (I know several people who were promoted within a year of starting with the company)
    -Flexible scheduling is great, and lots of PTO
    -Nice to see positive financial numbers, acquisition and growth amid a still struggling economy
    -Work alongside other high performers
    -I started right out of college, enjoyed my first role, and then was promoted based on my skills/interests to a role I enjoy even more. Both my managers have been interested both in challenging me and playing to my strengths/interests in assigning me projects.
    -Everyone is more than willing to help/collaborate when needed, great to work with

Cons

-The changes can be hard to keep up with at times, but also keeps things dynamic/exciting
    -There has been a lack of communication from upper management in the past, but recently they have been working to remedy this through quarterly town hall meetings, monthly employee newsletters and other corporate comm. initiatives

Advice to Management

Keep up with the added transparency for employees, and take it even further. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement
    Ongoing training and support
    Strong work-life balance (flex scheduling, good paid time off benefits, etc)
    My managers have always cared about my success within the company
    Recognition for performance

I've been at Zywave for 3+ years and laugh when I see negative reviews on Glassdoor. Yes, if you underperform, slack off, or expect to get by putting forth minimal effort, you will not continue to succeed long-term at Zywave.

However for those of us with high motivation, strong work ethic and above average performance, there is only room to grow within Zywave. Not to mention the collaborative team environment, fun company outings, and even free soda!

Cons

Very fast-paced and constant changes - sometimes good, sometimes challenging to keep up with all the moving parts

3 years ago I knew everybody within Zywave, now we are growing and adding people so fast it can be difficult to get to know people....company outings and occasional happy hours always help with that though!

Advice to Management

Keep up the quarterly town hall meetings, it's great for us to know how the company is performing and how we each can make an impact.