adMarketplace - You really want to be part of this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace

"You really want to be part of this company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short version:
1) It is a young and energetic work environment
2) The company uses extremely advanced technology (Same one in used by Google,Yahoo,Facebook and other Giants internet companies)
3) It is a unique opportunities to contribute to the Internet online marketing future.
4) Very good compensation.

Long version:
I started to work for adMarketplace in 2012. They provided me with an H1B visa and they were extremely flexible with me since I had to move to New York from abroad.
The interview was very challenging but it reflected the company needs.
When I finally joined the firm I felt that I can contribute and be part of a good company with a rare and very talented team.
I knew that I will need to make lots of effort to learn as fast as possible the various technologies in use in order to succeed but the company gave me all the time and support needed in order to achieve that.
After 3 successful and interesting technical projects that they let me design and implement the company,besides giving me a good feedback, provided me also with a rare opportunity to learn the business side. This was interesting because I ended up, although being a software engineer, meeting with very large and important internet companies, learn about their needs, technology and vision.
My story is absolutely not unique in this company and I can guarantee that most of people I know in adMarketplace feel the same way as I do.

Cons

Because of the high challenges that the company is facing from time to time you will need to stay late in order to achieve your goals.

Advice to Management

The trade-off is always between innovation and reliability.
Keep pushing for innovation as you did so far because I am confident that the company will compete in the next few years with Google on the search syndication market.

Other Employee Reviews for adMarketplace

"Things change on a minute by minute basis"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are the free food on fridays and the people that work there

Cons

Sr Management can not stick to 1 strategy. Things change way to often. The CEO is to busy hitting the slopes to be worried about what is going on with his own company. The president yells all the time and is not open to any suggestion. It is his way and his way only. He pushes the people who work for him around to much. Everyone is expected to work 24/7. And if you aren't friends with senior management you will not be given the opportunity to call on the better accounts.

Advice to Management

Sell your company or bring in people who are more open to suggestions and can talk to and treat people the right way. Spend less time googling yourselves and spending time on facebook and say thank you to your employees who work very hard for you

"Opportunities for growth and knowledge."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always great opportunities for career growth and knowledge as they are an evolving company. adMarketplace has some of the most talented people I have every had the pleasure of working with. Everyone is always willing to share their knowledge. Along with the push and expectations from upper management you are guaranteed to improve your skills. Wether your fail or not within the company you will come out better. They are always willing to acknowledge a job well done. Huge plus.

Also, they will invest in their employees growing. I've had tons of books, software, ect. thrown my way. I can not stress how important this is.

Cons

I will admit the yelling behind closed doors is a little daunting at first but I quickly realized it is how upper management has always communicated. They seriously try to keep a lid on it. No one likes parents arguing. You can quickly get over it. I also believe it is well balanced by some of nicest upper management I've ever met. I'm sure if I was a CEO I'd do my fair share of yelling. Steve jobs did.

The company is young in culture and growing. I can imagine its hard to keep the 'school yard' under control. Everyone works hard and plays hard. So don't be surprised if you get a finger waved in your face for being late. I think we all need it from time to time. Hard work will always pay off with in admarketplace.