adMarketplace - Company About to "Break Out" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for adMarketplace

"Company About to "Break Out""

Former Contractor - Project Manager in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a renewed focus on measuring contribution and performance over hours worked. They are implementing new systems to track employee time to business results, and the results are starting to pay off.

The company is on the leading edge of big data & internet ad delivery technologies that will have them drawing the attention of Google Yahoo and Bing very shortly.

They will compensate you well for your effort and skill.

Cons

They are driven to become the next big thing in internet advertising, and as such commitment is expected. This means working long hours when necessary.

Business is a essentially a trading platform. In fact an dashboard and ticker keeps track of the earnings made in 15 minute intervals. As such upper management is keenly aware of the money they are losing when there are issues. This type of pressure is not suited for certain personality types.

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on cultural improvement.

Other Employee Reviews for adMarketplace

"You really want to be part of this company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short version:
    1) It is a young and energetic work environment
    2) The company uses extremely advanced technology (Same one in used by Google,Yahoo,Facebook and other Giants internet companies)
    3) It is a unique opportunities to contribute to the Internet online marketing future.
    4) Very good compensation.

Long version:
    I started to work for adMarketplace in 2012. They provided me with an H1B visa and they were extremely flexible with me since I had to move to New York from abroad.
    The interview was very challenging but it reflected the company needs.
    When I finally joined the firm I felt that I can contribute and be part of a good company with a rare and very talented team.
    I knew that I will need to make lots of effort to learn as fast as possible the various technologies in use in order to succeed but the company gave me all the time and support needed in order to achieve that.
    After 3 successful and interesting technical projects that they let me design and implement the company,besides giving me a good feedback, provided me also with a rare opportunity to learn the business side. This was interesting because I ended up, although being a software engineer, meeting with very large and important internet companies, learn about their needs, technology and vision.
    My story is absolutely not unique in this company and I can guarantee that most of people I know in adMarketplace feel the same way as I do.

Cons

Because of the high challenges that the company is facing from time to time you will need to stay late in order to achieve your goals.

Advice to Management

The trade-off is always between innovation and reliability.
    Keep pushing for innovation as you did so far because I am confident that the company will compete in the next few years with Google on the search syndication market.

"Things change on a minute by minute basis"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are the free food on fridays and the people that work there

Cons

Sr Management can not stick to 1 strategy. Things change way to often. The CEO is to busy hitting the slopes to be worried about what is going on with his own company. The president yells all the time and is not open to any suggestion. It is his way and his way only. He pushes the people who work for him around to much. Everyone is expected to work 24/7. And if you aren't friends with senior management you will not be given the opportunity to call on the better accounts.

Advice to Management

Sell your company or bring in people who are more open to suggestions and can talk to and treat people the right way. Spend less time googling yourselves and spending time on facebook and say thank you to your employees who work very hard for you