alliantgroup, LP - Best Professional Decision I've Made! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"Best Professional Decision I've Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite Pros deals with the fact that the Company does its best to operate as a true meritocracy. I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company. This is recognized in various ways: the ability to train others, manage people, get half days every so often and compensation (let's just say I have never had to request a raise !!!).

The travel opportunities are great. You get the chance to visit companies all throughout the US including those located in major cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, etc.

The professional development is also an absolute plus. The work is challenging but the Company has made great strides to develop a robust training program. There is also a Talent and Integration Team there to assist, which has even developed a mentoring program. (I have had the opportunity to train and manage individuals at a pretty early stage in my career.)

The perks are pretty much endless between the bonus opportunities (either monthly, quarterly or intermittent contests), covered health insurance (!!!), travel, the cafeteria lunch stipends...

Cons

alliantgroup has a fast-paced environment. You will be challenged in a professional manner so if you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere this may not be the right fit for you.

The are pressing statutory deadlines that must be met to serve clients which does result in extended hours during tax season (emphasis added).

Advice to Management

Emphasize the culture, mission and what it means to work at the Company from Day 1.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"This is a haven for HIGH PERFORMERS!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place where folks who want a career vs. a job thrive!! Employees can take their career's into their own hands and control their own destinies. Meritocracy rules! Also, management maintains transparency in all of its decisions so that employees understand changes in operations and strategy.

Cons

Employees who don't like a fast paced environment will struggle.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend more and more time with people who are hungry for it.

"alliantgroup is a frat house!! All Previous Favorable Reviews Were Internal Propaganda!!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$5 lunch credit to the cafeteria
    Free pop from the vending machine
    Dinner catered in so that you have to/must work late
    Monthly birthday cake parties
    Training new people, because it's a turnstile, most every new employee catches on 6 month into the job.

Cons

The expectation to work ridiculous hours per week. There is no work life balance!

"Work hard play hard", for who, not me and my group! Management plays hard, playing on their Xbox while we are working late hours!

You start off working 50 hours per week. Gradually, that gets accelerated to minimum 12 hour days with 6 day work weeks. You might even be given a guilt trip to work Sundays.

You will be expected to communicate all the time while you are on vacation or even during religious holidays!

Your pay will be below average. Good luck with any pay raises or reviews.

Bonuses are discretionary and if you are fortunate to get one, it might be paid to you in pennies.

Ever saw Animal House? This place is a close second. Jeans and a polo shirt is the dress code.

Completely classless company considering the industry. Their reputation speaks volumes about them. Just search the company and lawsuits, there are many!

Have this job on your resume will not help your career.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to stop driving their high end cars, step away from their big screen TVs in their offices, stop the games and ridicule! Get in the office the same business hours you expect from your employees!!!