alliantgroup, LP - A place to grow and develop | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"A place to grow and develop"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Culture and Environment.
- Company sponsored dinners, movies, and happy hours.
- Management encourages growing and taking your career in your own hands
- Trainings
- Management, mentors, and your peers.
- Challenging (yet extremely rewarding) work.

Cons

-It is a demanding environment but the negative reviews are a bit misleading. alliantgroup encourages and rewards those who are self-motivated and have a desire to thrive. This is not a 9-5 job and they are very open about that. New graduates who expect to have everything handed to them without working sometimes face a bit of a culture shock. This isn't a place for someone who merely wants to collect a paycheck and go home. If you demonstrate your eagerness to learn and development the sky is the limit. Anybody who wants to be successful in their career should expect these same demands from any job.

Advice to Management

Better system in place to differentiate who is there to merely collect a paycheck vs. those developing their career.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"A great opportunity to stretch yourself!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to be challenged in many ways - you get to expand your knowledge of various industries, work on people skills/client service, as well as learn a very technical and specific skillset. The combination of these things makes the job challenging and never boring! It is not a job that you can start and already know how to do, but the robust training program has improved 1000 times over the last year due to some smart investment in the talent integration department and it really shows!

Additionally, the company is a true meritocracy - if you work hard and prove your value to the Company, there is no limit to your growth potential. Those that are committed high performers succeed immeasurably, those that are not don't.

Lastly, the people at alliantgroup are what make you come to work every day, hands down. You will never have a job where you are truly friends with the people that you work with and to that end, who would have your back no matter what!

A few of the major perks: Cafeteria voucher, travel opportunities (keep your miles!), extremely generous annual raises at review time, bonuses, movie nights, parties, golf outings, free coke machines/beverages in the office), personalized professional development plans, happy hours, alliantgroup pays 100% of healthcare premiums!! Oh yeah, and a sweet new office building coming in late 2013!

Cons

The hours can be very long at times, especially challenging, but there is currently a big emphasis on helping people with planning and project management, which should yield its fruit soon enough! If you are not person that can function with and respond to deadlines, it can be very challenging.

The flurry of activity and noise level can be a little bit distracting at times and it can be hard to buckle down, but the new office should help alleviate that!

Advice to Management

- The clear vision of the corporate culture and values is admirable and really making a difference keep it up.
    - Work to maintain accessibility (from us to you) as we continue to grow - keep those office doors open!
    - Continue to let the performers and high performers know that they're doing a good job - a compliment is worth its weight in gold!

"One of kind place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is like nothing I have ever seen before! I have been with the company for over a year and worked for both super large companies and smaller ones...alliantgroup stands in its own category! A true meritocracy and a lot of "a" type personalities who are super smart. Constantly encouraged and challenged to go further in your career and guided by some of the smartest people I have ever known.

Cons

I hear people complain about the hours, but its consulting and we are always available for our clients. Don't think that's a con. The office is getting cramped from growth, but we are moving offices soon, so it should be fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people who believe in what we do..helping clients!