alliantgroup, LP - A place to grow and develop | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"A place to grow and develop"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Culture and Environment.
- Company sponsored dinners, movies, and happy hours.
- Management encourages growing and taking your career in your own hands
- Trainings
- Management, mentors, and your peers.
- Challenging (yet extremely rewarding) work.

Cons

-It is a demanding environment but the negative reviews are a bit misleading. alliantgroup encourages and rewards those who are self-motivated and have a desire to thrive. This is not a 9-5 job and they are very open about that. New graduates who expect to have everything handed to them without working sometimes face a bit of a culture shock. This isn't a place for someone who merely wants to collect a paycheck and go home. If you demonstrate your eagerness to learn and development the sky is the limit. Anybody who wants to be successful in their career should expect these same demands from any job.

Advice to Management

Better system in place to differentiate who is there to merely collect a paycheck vs. those developing their career.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"Approach with caution"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are lots of young people there which made for a lively albeit counterproductive environment. I suppose there were other good things like free food, frequent office celebrations, and flexible policies for favored employees.

Cons

Management's public humilitation of employees
    Questionable billing practices
    Constant quitting, firing, and hiring
    Extreme work hours, typically 70+ hrs a week
    Poor work quality

There were other things too. People running out of the building crying became pretty typical by the time I left. They also had a knack for firing people on their birthdays.

I left because I wanted a stable work environment without the constant pressure to bill, bill, bill especially since I didn't agree with their methods. I also felt that the company lacked structure. Its a young company so it may have still been trying to get its footing. Either way, I couldn't wait to get out. Dropping that company was like losing 20 pounds of stress and negativity. I'm much happier in my new company.

Also, be leery of all the cheery, overly positive reviews. The "marketing department" always seemed to have alot of time on their hands. The people I know that still work there say nothing has changed and may even be worse.

Advice to Management

Hire real business experts to run the company. Having a law degree does not automatically make you a businessman.

"Two sides to every coin I guess..."

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Great office environment. People are friendly. Room for growth if you work your butt off. Building and office is very clean and secure.

Cons

Very much like high school; cliques, petty grudges, false promises etc. Management's sense of entitlement.