alliantgroup, LP - client service, teamwork, professionalism, intelligence, and collaboration | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"client service, teamwork, professionalism, intelligence, and collaboration"

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are endless here. A true place to establish a long-term career.

Cons

It takes passion to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"Take control of your career!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really do hold your career in your hands! You will be given as much work and responsibility as you want and can handle, and you will have ample opportunities to advance. In fact, your opportunities for advancement are much more available than in almost any other work place. Your hard work will be recognized. The training group and management give you all of the tools you need to excel, and there truly is an open door policy anytime you have a question. Any time you have questions or concerns, management is always available. On top of that, you get to work with a diverse group of talented, intelligent, and interesting professionals on a daily basis.

Cons

The hours can be long at times and the deadlines can stack up, but you are never alone in working through these challenges. While working long hours, typically during tax season, your comrades are there with you working and building camaraderie. You receive lots of project management training to help manage deadlines. Plus, if you ever get too bogged down, all you have to do is raise your hand and ask for help.

"Approach with caution"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are lots of young people there which made for a lively albeit counterproductive environment. I suppose there were other good things like free food, frequent office celebrations, and flexible policies for favored employees.

Cons

Management's public humilitation of employees
    Questionable billing practices
    Constant quitting, firing, and hiring
    Extreme work hours, typically 70+ hrs a week
    Poor work quality

There were other things too. People running out of the building crying became pretty typical by the time I left. They also had a knack for firing people on their birthdays.

I left because I wanted a stable work environment without the constant pressure to bill, bill, bill especially since I didn't agree with their methods. I also felt that the company lacked structure. Its a young company so it may have still been trying to get its footing. Either way, I couldn't wait to get out. Dropping that company was like losing 20 pounds of stress and negativity. I'm much happier in my new company.

Also, be leery of all the cheery, overly positive reviews. The "marketing department" always seemed to have alot of time on their hands. The people I know that still work there say nothing has changed and may even be worse.

Advice to Management

Hire real business experts to run the company. Having a law degree does not automatically make you a businessman.