alliantgroup, LP - Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome."

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The nature of the work is complex and interesting – this is a fast paced work environment and every day presents new challenges and opportunities.

Your peers are successful, intelligent, and motivated. You will receive mentorship and guidance from upper level management since alliantgroup promotes an open-door policy. alliantgroup has assembled a unique Advisory Board which consists of former IRS Commissioners, Senators, Governors, and other high level executives – all of which visit the headquarters and you can connect with – talk about a great opportunity!

You are rewarded for hard work – vacations, catered meals, bonuses etc.

The skill set you develop here in such a short amount of time is incomparable to other firms. You are presented an opportunity to consult executives of Companies and their CPAs on how to effectively increase their bottom line – these executives will love you and alliantgroup rewards you for developing strong relationships with clients.

alliantgroup just moved into a new building that overlooks downtown Houston and the Galleria – lots of fun things happening! alliantgroup has implemented a new Wellness program – weekly runs, yoga classes, and nutritional classes as well as more healthy options offered for lunch.

Cons

Long hours during tax season – this is the nature of the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining a high performance culture and keep promoting personal and professional growth.

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"High Performance and Pro-active Attitudes Appreciated and Awarded"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The number one reason I enjoy working here is because the career opportunities are limitless. After only 4 months, I have already been promoted and am on my way to gaining even more experience and responsibilities. Throughout my entire time here, my supervisors have been very transparent and constantly let me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I can improve upon. I am an aggressive person and have always been a high performer and at the top of my class. This company rewards individuals who put in the work and who are dedicated to improving themselves. Another perk is that the company promotes collaboration so there is always someone who genuinely wants to help you and learn from you as well. Lunch is provided every day and so is dinner during tax season. I'm looking forward to learning more about this company and continuing to move up the ladder.

Cons

Tax law is a new area that I wasn't familiar with so I was a little nervous whether or not I would be successful at this job. However, there is a multi-week training course to teach you everything that you need to know and everyone enjoys helping you out and making sure you are comfortable with the material.

"Great memories of working here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my first job our of college so my pay was minimal, but the experience was good. Almost like working for a fraternity. They are serious about their work, but have A LOT of fun at the same time. Met a ton of great people and am appreciative for the experience.

Cons

If you left at 5 you were looked down upon. They did not appreciate "clock watchers." Expected to work long hours. No management at the time had kids so they were not understanding of a life/work balance.

Advice to Management

I'm sure many things have changed, but I know management was fairly immature at the time. Balance the work and fun more.