alliantgroup, LP - It really is as bad as the reviews say it is | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"It really is as bad as the reviews say it is"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
Cool co-workers (not management)
I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't take advice

Other Employee Reviews for alliantgroup, LP

"Just don't Do It"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting out was a huge pro. Talk about dead end. Oh how I wish I could use an emoji. I digress. Other than that, I made a limited amount of good friends but only trusted about 2 of them for good reason. Moving on, sobriety was a limited expectation so if you are in AA or NA, this is not the place for you but you will find many of your relapsed friends here. Good Luck !

Cons

Remember those friends that I previously mentioned? Well they are gone along with much unnecessary anxiety and stress. We are proud of you ! To those who stay, my condolences. Don't expect to see the people you started with longer than 4 -6 months. At some point you will learn that you will never be rightly acknowledged, vastly listened to, respected, or highly admired.. for anything. Being grateful is a joke, but nobody is laughing. At that point you will feel some type of way and people will blame you for no longer giving a... insert blank. When that happens (because it undoubtedly will), take some time to find peace within yourself to ensure you don't make a huge scene and allow people to degrade you even further. Staying "under the radar" is key because let's face the realistic truth. If you're good at your job, you will go thru hell and high water to move up or even diagonally to a better position due to your superior's fear that you can not be replaced. My advice is to live your life before work or at lunch time and pray that nobody notices because that place turns in to Orange Is the New Black after 6pm when you're imprisoned with eyes of judgement as if you were a fugitive on the run trying to escape the office. Another option is to do what I did, have some self respect and resign. Best Regards.

Advice to Management

Oh yes! Here's a tip: Listen to other employee ideas, it could save this establishment. Also, stop sleeping around with these young and impressionable children! It is inexplicable when these incestuous office relationships form babies. It is the highest form of desperation to find meaning of your life. You're Welcome ;)

"Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.