athenahealth - Good place | Glassdoor

"Good place"

Current Employee - Programmer in Chennai

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good enough opportunities for a software developer. Not so bad salary. Good for a beginner to start with.

Cons

As Athena grows, it has forget about its positives such as work life balance.

athenahealth2016-11-06
  1. "Fast paced fun environment always learning"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Belfast, ME

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance, advancement opportunities

Cons

Senior Leadership is "the good ole boys"

athenahealth2020-03-27
  2. "Great Company to work for with a lot of Potential!"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Austin, TX

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Austin office is one of a kind! Its located at the old Austin Power plant that's been completely modernized and has an amazing futuristic look and feel. In the Austin office, every Monday its Taco day. Company orders free breakfast tacos from Torchy's. There's a large shipment of all different types of snacks every month which is pretty cool. The office is beautiful and the people that work in the Austin office are super nice and laid back. My manager is relatively new to the company as I am as well, but we have a good synergy and it seems like there's a lot of room for growth. When I first got here it seemed like there was a lot of churn in the company because of the leadership changes. However, the new leadership team really does seem like they are doing a good job in focusing on the employees and making a difference in healthcare. Overall, even though I've only been here a couple of months, I love working here. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The infrastructure is a bit legacy but there are large scale projects to get it modernized.

Continue reading
    athenahealth2020-03-17

Discover more reviews about athenahealth.