athenahealth - Sr Product Manager | Glassdoor

"Sr Product Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s relaxed and if you are motivated, and dedicated you will be empowered with resources and trust. It’s not that difficult to stand out if you are actually capable.

Cons

Athena is filled with people who want a cushy job and do not really push the boundaries. That’s not to say that you cannot find great people who want to do great things just the majority of the people really don’t think of it as a business that has limited resources and you must make decisions based on business value.

athenahealth2019-03-27
  1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Director in Belfast, ME

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

athenahealth empowers employees to be innovative and make decisions. There is strong support through failures and a keen focus on learning.

Cons

I don't feel there are any noteworthy cons to point out.

athenahealth2019-08-01
  2. "turning the ship around"

Current Employee - Operations in Watertown, MA

I have been working at athenahealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

despite a tumultuous couple of years, the company seems to have its head on straight now. things make a lot more sense internally, and the strategy feels right. working for PE is a different experience than being publicly traded, and the focus on fiscal responsibility is long overdue.

Cons

integrating with a different company is incredibly complex and creates a lot of churn. people are leaving are a high rate and not being backfilled, meaning a lot of work is dumped on fewer people for less money, which is incredibly frustrating in all areas of the business.

athenahealth2019-08-09

Discover more reviews about athenahealth.