bebe stores - Love the staff, hate the commission aspect. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

"Love the staff, hate the commission aspect."

Former Employee - Stylist in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Stylist in Houston, TX

I worked at bebe stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission makes the top sellers money, you get to be around awesome clothes, celebrities come in a lot, amazing 50% discount.

Cons

The competitiveness of some stylist is crazy, staying let regular retail stuff.

Advice to Management

Don't keep people so freaking late!

Other Employee Reviews for bebe stores

"Grass is greener on the otherside"

Current Employee - Stylist in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Stylist in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Discount, Good for people interested in the fashion industry.

Cons

Scheduling is awful. You're on call five days a week and scheduled three. For days you're on call, you're required to call two hours before your possible shift. YOU have to call, they won't call you. Minimum wage salary, lots of work, shitty commission, and fake staff. Fashion obsessed environment. Expected to wear heels everyday, call "clients" every day, make a minimum of 1500$ in sales per shift, and even log your accessories and outfit in a book for your manager to go over. It's ridiculous for the amount of work. The managers are paid great and do little floor work. Staff is paid terrible. If you dislike or are impartial to retail and the fashion industry, don't take this job! There's nothing in it for you. They don't tell you the bad things until after you've taken the job.

Advice to Management

Please even out the work load with managers and heighten the pay. You can afford it.

2. "Worth the Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at bebe stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. The music and clothing provides a feel as though you are always getting ready to go to the club. Clients generally are shopping for things to go out partying with so they come in excited which makes it easier to sell even in a low volume location. Very good company structure in terms of recognition (for top stylists ONLY) Loss Prevention standards and visual merchandising. As well as operations and product look ups for clients. A good place to get an idea of high fashion in your early management career without the stress, product, and challenges of high fashion. One of the greatest things about this company is that recruiters (Gucci, BCBG, to name a few) always come into the stores looking for people who are ready (and i mean READY) to move up the hierarchy. Always stay on your A Game, you never know who is watching you.

Cons

The company has a price point that doesn't match the quality of the clothing by a long shot. Also internally they try to place themselves among other brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA as opposed to Zara which would make more sense based on the clients that are shopping there and the actual product reliability. Thus they miss out on the mid market that would bring them back to the top. They promote due to scheduling necessity as opposed to qualifications.

Advice to Management

Pay your managers. I read the Glassdoor information on this company and took the position anyway for the title and the experience. On my way to a competitor who offered more money (serious factor) and work life balance, I found out that my replacement manager (someone promoted internally who I actually hired and trained as her first job) was getting paid 3 more dollars than myself when her only job experience was the year I was her manager. Stylists in higher volume stores make generally 250% more than managers do. People work for people and when they are undervalued they will leave you.