bebe stores - Needs better Senior Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

"Needs better Senior Management"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stays ahead of the technology, fast paced.

Cons

Good place and pay but the company is struggling with Senior Management. Just a handful of Execs run the show. Mandatory PTO of 10 days and not enough benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for bebe stores

"Part-time work that builds character"

Former Employee - Sales Stylist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Stylist in Austin, TX

I worked at bebe stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor ended up becoming one of my best friends. We're still friends, 7 years later. At the time, the clothing was that of a higher quality and felt and looked amazing on. I took pride in styling, there.

Cons

You have to work on holidays, and hardly make money. Most of your check goes towards the clothing there that they highly encourage you to buy. No room for growth.

"Worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at bebe stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount; being a stylist at bebe can be a great experience, depending on who is hired as your store manager. Clients are awesome.

Cons

More than 10 employees all resign from their position in one store within 4 months, that does not happen for no reason.

Low employee morale. Manager gossiping about stylists to other stylists. Store manager trying to schedule her weekends off.

Can somebody please tell me how a stylist can make 35 phones within 2.5 hours while tending to their clients, appointments in the evening while it's busy. Trying to hustle your commission so you don't have it cut into your paycheck when you're closing. All while the manager on shift is on their hour lunch break at the busiest time of day and at the end of the day taking their sweet time when closing. Most stylists don't make enough to deal with these things on top of a draining and complaining(non work-related matters) manager.

How can a manager be hired in and hire somebody in two weeks with less than 6 months of sales experience to be an assistant manager(someone who complains about customers more than interacting with them; clients are people too) hiring somebody like this over employees that have been at the store for 6+ months and are excellent candidates for managing? And then turn around and say "I would rather promote within" promoting more extremely unqualified employees.

Advice to Management

Your stylists and store managers/other managers are the ones that are making you money. Consider treating employees better.

There is definitely things that need to be changed with human resources. How can a company offer an H.R. line, lie about what was said and use it against employee. That isn't what it is there for; it most definitely isn't there for district managers and a certain regional hiring manager to get rid of employees because they need to cover up their backside. Who tries to fire somebody because they're (exact words) "pregnant"?

If you want be in high school again work at bebe.