bebe stores - Fun Place to Work, but Not Much Growth Opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for bebe stores

"Fun Place to Work, but Not Much Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

The product, atmosphere, and people (at most stores) are great. Many of the associates and leaders have been with the company for several years. You see and interact with upper-level management often, and although our district hasn't had the best DM, I do feel that the leadership as a whole is very hands-on.

Cons

There seems to be little opportunity for growth. Despite being the top producer for the last year in my current as a sales manager, with no negative feedback on any reviews, I have been told that I am not ready for advancement. I have a bachelor's degree in marketing and have several years experience, yet the company has chosen to outsource for the last 3 open management positions in my area. We also have another sales manager that has been with the company for 4 years and has been passed up for promotion several times. We work hard and have some of the best reviews from clients, but for some reason bebe does not see our value in upper management.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that they focus on promoting people who have proven their sales and leadership in bebe skills rather than hiring from outside of the company. I would also suggest the district and regional management connect more on strategy. We often get one directive from our DM, only to have our RM come in and tell us everything is wrong!

Other Employee Reviews for bebe stores

"my bebe review"

Pros

a good company to work for for a fashion forward woman. great discount and if your good at selling you can make great commission

Cons

they dont offer raises at my location or rewards to employes which doesnt help motivate or drive workers to push harder which is its only downfall

Advice to Management

my managers we great. i loved them all. they made the work environment friendly and fun. all in all they are fab!

"So-So"

Former Employee - Stylist
    Former Employee - Stylist

Pros

It has a 50% discount! Every day was a runway show. Its a great place to network

Cons

They started me off with only $8 an hour plus comission. There is no room for growth! I knew girls that worked their for 4 YEARS and never got a raise! The girls were catty and would try to steal your sales.

Advice to Management

The managers would ALWAYS let their personal life determine their moods. Maybe if they spent less time fighting on the phone with their boyfriends and more time doing their JOB, it would be a fair place to work at