betterworks - Amazing leadership team and opportunity to shape a new market | Glassdoor

"Amazing leadership team and opportunity to shape a new market"

I have been working at betterworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun collaborative culture and passionate about agile performance management and disrupting the traditional outdated performance review model. The company is growing fast and offers great opportunities to build best practices within functions and make a large impact. Everyone works hard and has fun doing it!

Cons

The pace is fast and you always have your foot on the gas. Sometimes you have to work with limited resources and do the best you can with what you have versus everything being 100% perfect.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals and communicate often

betterworks2019-04-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A wonderful start-up with experienced leaders"

Current Employee - Program Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at betterworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Being appreciated and valued given my experience and skillset * Opportunities to help shape the culture as the company grows * Being spoiled with lunches, social events, volunteer opportunities, commuting benefits, great insurance * Easy access to leadership who are open to new ideas * Exciting Board of Directors with relevant industry experience, helping to shape strategy * Passionate and customer-focused... CEO * Great product that delivers benefits to organizations * Awesome coworkers who care * Great work-life blend

Cons

* Not having all our engineers at our HQ (many are in Denver) * Harder to attract and keep some people due to mid Peninsula location and commuting required

Advice to Management

Keep working on diversity and hiring great people who can contribute to our culture.

betterworks2019-11-07

"Disheartening changes"

I worked at betterworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are on par to similar saas companies. There are health benefits, free lunch and snacks, unlimited PTO and flexibility. Can be remote, or in the office at either RWC, Denver, or NY.

Cons

Definitely a few cons but this was a major CON! When first hired, being presented with an offer letter with agreed upon salary to later change it to hourly position felt humiliating and I totally got conned. The first pay check when changed from salary to hourly was humiliating and see it as a demotion.

Advice to Management

Even though there was an attempt to “explain” the reason for the salary change to hourly, it was a huge disappointment. Having to confirm if a check is accurate because a PTO was not entered or the hours don’t match, and that paycheck after paycheck, the amount is not the same is frustrating. This has disrupted my livelihood and is disheartening.

betterworks2019-06-04

Discover more reviews about betterworks.