blinkx - Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

"Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

Cons

There are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

Advice to Management

N/A

Other Employee Reviews for blinkx

"Internship Review"

Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

Cons

Other than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Fix the VGA cable in the conference room.

"Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

Cons

There have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Management

Set up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.