comScore - Good pay and fun company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for comScore

"Good pay and fun company"

Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA

Pros

It is a fun place to work and there are a lot of smart people. The company is public and has a lot of resources to use in buying companies. They also are willing to invest in the engineering and qa teams. I worked in the engineering team for a few years and thought it was a job where you can learn a lot. The leadership of the engineering team, including the CTO and vice president of engineering are a clown show, but if you like bozo, you would be fine with them. The company is fun to work at.

Cons

The management yells at the employees and doesn't understand basic motivation skills and should probably take a class on how to motivate people. The guys running the company, such as the CEO and president are smart smart smart and know how to make a company successful. From everything I heard, they have built 4 companies that have been successful between them. They are really good to work for and, when they take the time to visit with the technology teams, they know how to let us in on the business and help us in seeing why we are working so hard. I wish we could spend more time with them because they do know how to motivate people.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and learn how to listen to people that work for you. For the executive people I would say the only feedback is to look at the technology leadership and make certain you know what is going on in there. You are spending a lot of money on the engineering effort and it would be a bad thing if this bad leader we are dealing with would cause you to lose good people. Is there some coaching program you can provide for them? One example is when I had to go to renew my visa and they would not let me do this without giving me a hard time.

Other Employee Reviews for comScore

1. "Happy being here"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst II
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst II

Pros

Great place to work.Open culture and good work life balance.
    Opportunity for career growth and exposure to new areas.

Cons

No stock plans for non-management employees!

comScore Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for the mention of an ESPP for stock. We are looking into this, and management is aware that this is something our employees would like to see. Stay tuned as we get more info.

2. "Pretty good internship, but somewhat boring"

Pros

Good programming for interns, like baseball game etc.

Cons

Same work over and over again

comScore Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback, we really value knowing exactly how the internships are going. Because we're always looking for ways to tweak the program and make it better, we'd love some more input from... More