dd's DISCOUNTS - not a ideal career | Glassdoor

"not a ideal career"

Former Employee - Home Sales Associate in Visalia, CA
Former Employee - Home Sales Associate in Visalia, CA

I worked at dd's DISCOUNTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not to maany pros about working here

Cons

low pay, expect to do everything and anything. hours can be 4 hours a week as part time. rule always change.

Other Employee Reviews for dd's DISCOUNTS

1. "They care about thier people"

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and mgmt. Good disount. You can grow with the company if you do the right things.

Cons

sometimes the customers can be rude.

Advice to Management

send more people to assessment so we can grow

2. "never a dull moment at dds.."

Current Employee - Area Superisor in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Area Superisor in Visalia, CA

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Building a great team and enjoying the friendships you make with associates and customers. In my experience i'm glad that somebody actually hired me with absolutely no experience and I've learned so much there. I started out in stock and moved to cashiering, cash office, and frontend. i then had the opportunity for a promotion and became FES then an area supervisor. I understand everyone has mixed feelings about their management team but i love my team and how much we've improved over the years. We lacked in communication but we've worked on that and have a completely different team. I've seen people come and go, good and bad attitudes but if you don't know how to control your emotions this isn't the place for you. I am a great respectful supervisor and anyone can come to me when they have questions. Glad to have a great team like mine and happy that i have another opportunity for advancement.

Cons

I feel like i don't get as much recognition as i should from higher management, glad my associates let me know i'm doing a great job. Some expectations are a little too high i don't understand why i have to speak to something as a ASM point of view when my ASM barely knows it and can't speak to it himself. The type of client's we attract aren't always the best and don't always respect us. Hate that we are sometimes short staffed because we have to save payroll. Just wish people wouldn't treat us as a flea market.

Advice to Management

let your team know they are doing a great job don't let every visit be negative!!