dd's DISCOUNTS - Something different everyday!!!! | Glassdoor

"Something different everyday!!!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Vallejo, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Benefits
- A job is a job!
- Cool coworkers you may develop long-term friendships with
- Again I say: Something different everyday! The job doesn't really get boring since it's never too routine!
- Flexibility. You may apply for one position but are allowed to work multiple if you request it.

Cons

- Ratchets. 'Nuff said.
- It may be a Discount store BUT customers still try to find their way to either steal from the store or to be able to get things for much cheaper than they already are!
- Requirement for fast-paced check out is hard to achieve when customers take their time deciding on what they should get and not having their cash ready by the time you give them their total.
- Store gets busy real often! Especially on holidays & weekends!
- Some coworkers may be carry out their own weight. i.e. slacking off leading to others having to put in DOUBLE the amout of efforts!

Advice to Management

- Improve management communications! I hate having to make sure consistently with different people in management about my schedules/extensions etc.! Just to have another manager whining at me about the same thing still!
- Update the registers!!!! They are too old, laggy. And dysfunctional! There's always at least ONE problem with them nowadays! Technology is only advancing! Keep up with it!
- Have your supervisors & assistant managers improve on letting the associates onto their breaks & lunches on time! Stop putting it off just because the store is "too busy!" Our lunches & breaks are written as part if the LAW! Follow it if you don't wanna be sued!

Other Employee Reviews for dd's DISCOUNTS

"It sucks"

Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

my manager worked with me on the days and shifts I want to work.

Cons

not good pay, no room to grow, poor management, poor employees, only part time, high school drama, they only hire females so lots of drama. Been there a year and I only got a 15cent raise and they only give you 20 hours a week. No benefits no vacation pay for management. There management pick and choose favorites. I have seen management scream and yell at customers, threaten to beet customers. I did a survey and 1 out of 10 people working for this company new who the CEO of this company was. When the district manager or any other hire management comes in they don't interact with any of the employees.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be retrained.

"TERRIBLE"

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I worked at dd's DISCOUNTS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a lot of great people.

Cons

Management needs to take full responsibility for the flaws

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and do your duties all year round not just when HR is coming.